Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

I mentioned earlier in the year that multiple LSU QBs would be in the portal after this season; now there are two.

The main reason Smith committed to LSU was because of Mickey Joseph. The rumor going around LSU was that Joseph was telling folks that if he wasn't retained, Smith would leave. Not sure if MJ can convince him to come here, but it sure would be nice. 

On 11/21/2021 at 7:34 PM, Frustrated said:

Because I have been frustrated for about two decades...I believe I have earned the right to be critical. To be honest. To long for a return to the days where we win conference games against anyone not named Northwestern. We suck. That is demonstrable fact. We don't have to suck, but we do. It's that simple. I watch tons of bowl games, and I generally cheer for our conference, but I am tired of watching our rivals play in bowls and we have to beg for a bid with less than 6 wins because...our fans piss away their money??? Whatever. I'm bitter, I'm frustrated.

:violin

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Hosting an Akron QB this weekend.  Underwhelming.

I dont know tons about the Akron QB but it sounds like when he was on the field he delivered some good results. I think we should keep an opem mind about any potential transfer as some guys may be underrated out of HS and then can grow and turn it on with the right fit and staff.

12 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Riley to USC and he’s locking up guys and getting player commitments.  Kelly to LSU and their team is losing QB’s and other guys opening their recruitment. Kelly may have gotten more than he bargained for. Riley gave him a hot potato :stir.

There's a handful of guys leaving USC as well.   The main difference is Kelly hasn't brought any recruits on board.  I'd say that's more to the fact he didn't bring any coaches with him and his staff is still in flux.