Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Martinez had the perfect attitude that led to 4 straight losing seasons. Don't get me wrong I love Martinez but Rattler wasnt a front runner for the Heisman for no apparent reason. I imagine he will be a little humble now too after Riley chose a freshman and instead of getting ready for the NFL Draft hes looking for a college to play for. 

And here we go…..

AM didn’t:   punt to the wrong side, heinously miss FG’s snd extras, allow punts to be blocked, and whatever Cam did at the goal line in the Illinois game, not block for himself, call red zone plays….. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

And here we go…..

AM didn’t:   punt to the wrong side, heinously miss FG’s snd extras, allow punts to be blocked, and whatever Cam did at the goal line in the Illinois game, not block for himself, call red zone plays….. 

I have no problem with AM and respect him as a human, but disregarding him as some of the reasons these games didn't go as planned is naïve. It is fact he was never able to be the closer we needed to close out these games. A key mistake here, an overthrow there, and a crucial turnover when it matters the most. You cant blame it all on coaching. There was a whole slew of outcomes that could have been avoided if we just take care of the ball and put the damn ball in the end zone. It's definitely not all on him, but to not include him is not accurate. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
20 minutes ago, huskerpower22 said:

I have no problem with AM and respect him as a human, but disregarding him as some of the reasons these games didn't go as planned is naïve. It is fact he was never able to be the closer we needed to close out these games. A key mistake here, an overthrow there, and a crucial turnover when it matters the most. You cant blame it all on coaching. There was a whole slew of outcomes that could have been avoided if we just take care of the ball and put the damn ball in the end zone. It's definitely not all on him, but to not include him is not accurate. 

While 2AM did have some horrible gaffs at the worst times, he kept us in most games by his play.  Always cheered for him up until last two minutes of game..  that was when his Mr. Hyde would show up.

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

While 2AM did have some horrible gaffs at the worst times, he kept us in most games by his play.  Always cheered for him up until last two minutes of game..  that was when his Mr. Hyde would show up.

Exactly. He is an incredible ball player, but just couldn't execute to win games. I honestly wonder if it was a case of the yips or something - just a different guy when success was within reach (not necessarily under pressure - he performed well down by 2 scores needing to score to get back in a game, pulling away in the 1st half, etc)

• Fire 1