Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you're being serious. If so, good call.

Nebraska's national profile my have dropped, but an unappreciated portal transfer can become a hero to an entire state at UNL.

Gotta be some coin in that.

So with this NIL stuff, why don’t we as fans start paying players. Crowdsourcing style. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

So with this NIL stuff, why don’t we as fans start paying players. Crowdsourcing style. 

Multiple message boards have done it.   It's about organizing and trusting.   It's not an easy endeavor to start up.  Key would be getting the top 3-4 Husker message boards funneling to the same account that can then be sent to the player(s) desired.   The issue will be figuring out who will be getting the funds.   Personally I think Texas has the right idea where every OL will get 150K annually.  Start with the big guys up front on both sides of the ball and work out from there.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It appears that this recruiting cycle might not end as dismally as the media has predicted. 

not just portal picks up, but in a limited class, the finish appears stronger than anticipated. 

It's a whole new ballgame now that Mickey Joseph is in town. I've seen him work wonders here in South Louisiana - flipping guys at the last minute, etc.

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, sho said:

Multiple message boards have done it.   It's about organizing and trusting.   It's not an easy endeavor to start up.  Key would be getting the top 3-4 Husker message boards funneling to the same account that can then be sent to the player(s) desired.   The issue will be figuring out who will be getting the funds.   Personally I think Texas has the right idea where every OL will get 150K annually.  Start with the big guys up front on both sides of the ball and work out from there.

I’ll Venmo 100. Would have to be transparent. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, sho said:

We should a HB player of the game fund 

• Oh Yeah! 2

The changes in rules around the Transfer Portal and the addition of NIL may prove to be a life saver for Scott Frost who needs to quickly turn things around at Nebraska.  With how engaged Nebraska fans are, NIL will have appeal to any prospective high school recruit or transfer target and it may help us land some experienced players this off season.  We are getting late to the table to make a huge dent in the high school scene too.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The changes in rules around the Transfer Portal and the addition of NIL may prove to be a life saver for Scott Frost who needs to quickly turn things around at Nebraska.  With how engaged Nebraska fans are, NIL will have appeal to any prospective high school recruit or transfer target and it may help us land some experienced players this off season.  We are getting late to the table to make a huge dent in the high school scene too.  

The only high school recruits I want are local ones. 

I’m fine getting portals and Juco’s and walk ons. Not for the entire roster, but to flip the roster. It’s a new era of recruiting. 

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

The only high school recruits I want are local ones. 

I’m fine getting portals and Juco’s and walk ons. Not for the entire roster, but to flip the roster. It’s a new era of recruiting. 

Well BellWest has a soon to be JR QB that Frost should try to close on (though he would be in the same class as Dylan Raiola so he may not be our top QB) and there are some great skill guys all through the metro.   Now that restrictions are lifting on visits, Frost needs to be as visible as possible in the metro area to secure some of these guys.

1 hour ago, huskerpower22 said:

I have no problem with AM and respect him as a human, but disregarding him as some of the reasons these games didn't go as planned is naïve. It is fact he was never able to be the closer we needed to close out these games. A key mistake here, an overthrow there, and a crucial turnover when it matters the most. You cant blame it all on coaching. There was a whole slew of outcomes that could have been avoided if we just take care of the ball and put the damn ball in the end zone. It's definitely not all on him, but to not include him is not accurate. 

If the other 10 players on the field played like him all game, we wouldn’t have been in those last minute drives to win. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sho said:

Well BellWest has a soon to be JR QB that Frost should try to close on (though he would be in the same class as Dylan Raiola so he may not be our top QB) and there are some great skill guys all through the metro.   Now that restrictions are lifting on visits, Frost needs to be as visible as possible in the metro area to secure some of these guys.

Gretna also has a QB with a real nice arm for the 2023 class

• Plus1 2