Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

would it make sense for most of these transfers who aren't super high profile like Rattler and other to wait until after the early signing day to see where guys actually commit?  obviously they are looking for playing time so would it make sense to not go to the same school who signs  the #1 RB in the country if you are also a RB?

13 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Coach Beckton is following Rattler now on twitter. Wasn't yesterday. I could be reading into this a little much but if we were to get him the Kool Aid levels will be flowing at an all time high.

Unless the rumors of Beckton leaving are true, then who knows. 

A bunch of people thought we were adding the Coastal Carolina OC because of who followed him on Twitter... It is an in-exact science.

17 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you're being serious. If so, good call.

Nebraska's national profile my have dropped, but an unappreciated portal transfer can become a hero to an entire state at UNL.

Gotta be some coin in that.

Totally serious. I saw what Texas is doing with their OL. So NIL makes everything so gray it appears players can be paid to attend a school now. Just set things up properly and you are good. 

28 minutes ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Coach Beckton is following Rattler now on twitter. Wasn't yesterday. I could be reading into this a little much but if we were to get him the Kool Aid levels will be flowing at an all time high.

Rattler would only really come here to play OU. Probably push to hard and revert to the Rattler that got benched.  A big no thank you to him.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Rumor was he might be getting a look from Miami-- It was a few days ago and havent heard much since-- Saw it on Huskers Reddit--so could be a lot of nothing.

Oh, I heard it was Florida.   I wouldn't be surprised if an opportunity opened at UCF, if he didn't jump at the chance to go home.

10 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Rattler would only really come here to play OU. Probably push to hard and revert to the Rattler that got benched.  A big no thank you to him.  

Im trying as hard as I can but I can't say No enough. Hardest pass on Rattler I have ever given. The guy is horrible. Martinez 2.0

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Im trying as hard as I can but I can't say No enough. Hardest pass on Rattler I have ever given. The guy is horrible. Martinez 2.0

Rattler may be the mos polarizing QB in the portal. So much raw talent, so much drama and off the field issues.  Sounds as if HB is split with strong opinions both ways.............so................ Makes perfect sense for Nebraska. LOL

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, HANC said:

Rattler may be the mos polarizing QB in the portal. So much raw talent, so much drama and off the field issues.  Sounds as if HB is split with strong opinions both ways.............so................ Makes perfect sense for Nebraska. LOL

Yes. Some said Adrian played as well as Rattler did in our game.  Our defense played well.  The criticism of Rattler came from OU fans whose group think spawned and reinforced by all the preseason hype that OU was the prohibitive favorite to win the natty, heisman and all the others stuff.  Best OU team ever maybe.  Gonna blow out the lowly “little red” Neb boys.  

Then when it didn’t happen, of course Riley was an idiot, team was lazy, sloppy, Rattler sucked, etc.  Nobody gave NU any credit.  Of course, the debate rages to this day.  Is Neb terrible?  Or are  the Huskers really “close” to being back to relevancy?   OU struggled during the year as did nearly every team, Bama included.  

Maybe the ‘bad’ teams are quite so bad and the good ones not quite so good.  Reality is that nearly all program are infected with that ugly football virus Parity-2021.   NCAA rules, scholarship limits, practice restrictions, covid cut backs, transfer rules, unlimited media access making TV for all teams, etc.  

Talent is diluted and spread.  Offenses are nearly all similar. Younger guys go pro.  Etc etc.

Most programs are being pulled toward the middle (gravitation to mediocrity).