Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

20 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Yeah, horrible...

He's appeared in 23 games, and is 15-2 as a starter.

361-515 for 71% completion rate.

4595 yds, 40 tds to 12 ints

166.0 QB rating as a starter.

Horrible indeed. 

I've been getting a kick out of these "No Rattler" posters on this and other forums.  They'd be foaming at the mouth to have the #1 QB in his class even remotely interested in Nebraska.  To all of a sudden act like he's no good is just classic Nebraska fan crimson colored glasses.  Seriously, how can anyone be above a former 5* qb considering we're coming off four losing seasons in a row?  It just mind blowing.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

Seriously, how can anyone be above a former 5* qb considering we're coming off four losing seasons in a row?  It just mind blowing.

Agree. Rattler has a very very high ceiling, and those 15 wins means he has experience getting actual wins, something we could really use.

25 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I've been getting a kick out of these "No Rattler" posters on this and other forums.  They'd be foaming at the mouth to have the #1 QB in his class even remotely interested in Nebraska.  To all of a sudden act like he's no good is just classic Nebraska fan crimson colored glasses.  Seriously, how can anyone be above a former 5* qb considering we're coming off four losing seasons in a row?  It just mind blowing.

No one is saying Rattler doesn't have the skills, he's uber-talented.   I think there are major red flags about his attitude and mental side of things.  If he's focused and willing to do the work necessary, I'd take him in a hot second, but if he's going to go all Terrell Owens headcase, I'd pass for a guy that can fit the team better.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, sho said:

No one is saying Rattler doesn't have the skills, he's uber-talented.   I think there are major red flags about his attitude and mental side of things.  If he's focused and willing to do the work necessary, I'd take him in a hot second, but if he's going to go all Terrell Owens headcase, I'd pass for a guy that can fit the team better.

Is this all based on rumors of his attitude after he was benched?  Or, is there something more to it?

• Fire 1

11 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

You are right if you only go off what you mentioned, but there is more information available.  He was featured on a Netflix series called QB1: Beyond the lights. That show follows around 3 high school QBs their senior year documentary style. That showed Rattler as a VERY talented prima donna with significant character issues that divided locker rooms. Numerous stories over his duration at OU indicate his character has not changed. Combine that with only seeing him play terribly in the NU game while surrounded with an extremely talented supporting cast would point to him being overrated. It seems like you don't agree but it isn't obvious that the juice is worth the squeeze.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Absolute 100% guess here based on nothing other than reading crap.

But, I would guess it's either Brennan or Rattler.

Correct me if I am wrong (which goes without saying on this board...ha), isn't Hummer younger?  I thought someone was saying that he was probably a recruit to build depth for the future.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is this all based on rumors of his attitude after he was benched?  Or, is there something more to it?

There's been a lot of stories and first hand reports of his attitude going back to his HS days.  Maybe being benched has humbled him.   He's got all the talent in the world, all the skills you want from a QB, but if he's a cancer to the team, you have to pass on him.

• Plus1 1