Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Only at Nebraska do we run off our own 4 year starting QB- one of the best in the portal, only to immediately start a campaign to bench and criticize any potential replacement. 

According to what I read:

- Martinez sucks, but he outplayed Heisman hopeful Rattler

- Rattler has all the talent in the world, but also sucks because Martinez outplayed him and rumors he didn't like being benched

- Brennan sucks because he couldn't even start at LSU and he's a one and done, why invest the resources to have him only one year

- The Akron kid sucks because he played at Akron  and we play in the BIG

- Smothers sucks because when he played against Iowa he looked just like and had the same outcome as Martinez

- I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to make some of you happy would be for Frost to develop a new, cutting edge offense that eliminates the QB completely. 

- And then to fully satisfy some of you, Frost would then need to be fired anyway. 

FREAKING Ridiculous. 

Just start calling the QB a fullback and problem is solved.  Everyone loves him

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
56 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I feel like we going into the rent-a-qb era.

In the evolving world of QB recruiting, transfers are the priority and high-schoolers get squeezed

“People aren’t even apologetic,” Thompson said. “They don’t want to recruit a high school kid.”

Schools haven’t stopped recruiting high school quarterbacks altogether. The players at the top end are still getting committable offers. For example, former USC commit Devin Brown (Corner Canyon High in Draper, Utah) committed to Ohio State on Wednesday. Brown also had offers from Ole Miss and Texas. But former Arizona State QB Rudy Carpenter, who trains Brown, said he has experienced the same issues with other high-schoolers he trains. College coaches believe they can stock their rooms through the transfer portal. Asked if his team — which is losing its starter after this season — intended to sign a high school QB in the 2022 class, a Power 5 assistant texted, “Has to be all-world.”

In the class of 2017, 173 high school quarterbacks signed scholarship papers with FBS schools. Five years later, only 113 high school quarterbacks are committed to FBS schools. A handful more will commit and sign on Dec. 15, but the final number will be dramatically lower than the year when 2022’s super seniors signed.

Meanwhile, current college quarterbacks believe they can find that elusive perfect match of program and scheme that will allow them to become stars at their next stop. “It’s not who you sign out of high school,” said a Power 5 head coach who expects his starting QB to return in 2022. “It’s who you sign out of the portal.”

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I feel like we going into the rent-a-qb era.

In the evolving world of QB recruiting, transfers are the priority and high-schoolers get squeezed

“People aren’t even apologetic,” Thompson said. “They don’t want to recruit a high school kid.”

Schools haven’t stopped recruiting high school quarterbacks altogether. The players at the top end are still getting committable offers. For example, former USC commit Devin Brown (Corner Canyon High in Draper, Utah) committed to Ohio State on Wednesday. Brown also had offers from Ole Miss and Texas. But former Arizona State QB Rudy Carpenter, who trains Brown, said he has experienced the same issues with other high-schoolers he trains. College coaches believe they can stock their rooms through the transfer portal. Asked if his team — which is losing its starter after this season — intended to sign a high school QB in the 2022 class, a Power 5 assistant texted, “Has to be all-world.”

In the class of 2017, 173 high school quarterbacks signed scholarship papers with FBS schools. Five years later, only 113 high school quarterbacks are committed to FBS schools. A handful more will commit and sign on Dec. 15, but the final number will be dramatically lower than the year when 2022’s super seniors signed.

Meanwhile, current college quarterbacks believe they can find that elusive perfect match of program and scheme that will allow them to become stars at their next stop. “It’s not who you sign out of high school,” said a Power 5 head coach who expects his starting QB to return in 2022. “It’s who you sign out of the portal.”

Some of us have been trying to explain this all year... and still we have folks that just can't seem to understand how "Frostuzco somehow in 4 years hasn't developed a backup QB." :bang  

Every backup we've developed has done the same thing as all the QB's we are currently after. - Transfer for the chance to be the starter. This is the era we are in, and it's not rocket science. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Just start calling the QB a fullback and problem is solved.  Everyone loves him

AM is my favorite QB in the portal.  Maybe they should re-recruit him. :D

Actually, I will be happy with Brennan, Johnson, or Rattler....possibly Purdy also

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Only at Nebraska do we run off our own 4 year starting QB- one of the best in the portal, only to immediately start a campaign to bench and criticize any potential replacement. 

- Rattler has all the talent in the world, but also sucks because Martinez outplayed him and rumors he didn't like being benched

- Brennan sucks because he couldn't even start at LSU and he's a one and done, why invest the resources to have him only one year

- Smothers sucks because when he played against Iowa he looked just like and had the same outcome as Martinez

- I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to make some of you happy would be for Frost to develop a new, cutting edge offense that eliminates the QB completely. 

- And then to fully satisfy some of you, Frost would then need to be fired anyway. 

FREAKING Ridiculous. 

bingo-christmas-vacation.gif

10 minutes ago, GSG said:

bingo-christmas-vacation.gif

I dare to say that most fans would be a lot less unhappy (never gonna find perfection so always things to b!^@h about) if Frost actually wins 75% of the games he coaches, even 1 season out of 5.  9 wins remains the basic standard (par if you will).  That would suffice provided it includes a trophy now and then for a conference title or a New Years ( upper third) bowl.  Finish rated somewhere in the top 15.  

40 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

FREAKING Ridiculous. 

The ego of our fan base is so misplaced considering the performance over the past ten years.  The only program that has the right to this kind of ego is Alabama.  s#!t, we're a three win team and look down our noses at talent.  I can't wait to see the torch and pitchfork mob after a few games where we don't score 77 points a game.  

I'm with you in your analysis.  I'm just sitting here laughing/crying at how ridiculous some folks are.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

I wonder if NIL money is discussed. 

I feel like we going into the rent-a-qb era. Why have a QB coach-find a seasoned kid and dangle the money in front of him. 

maybe the portal will digress to a live auction format. 

From things I have read, staffs now do a NIL portion during the recruiting pitch. 

Not saying this kid is the be all be but check out his stats. Kid is a beast. UIW qb Cam Ward. Their Coach just left and he has entered the Portal.  He will not run until he has no choice. I have seen him play multiple games as my son was playing there as well.  Cam will have 3 years left.

384 / 590  47 tds 10 ints 4684 yards.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, BaytownHusker said:

Not saying this kid is the be all be but check out his stats. Kid is a beast. UIW qb Cam Ward. Their Coach just left and he has entered the Portal.  He will not run until he has no choice. I have seen him play multiple games as my son was playing there as well.  Cam will have 3 years left.

384 / 590  47 tds 10 ints 4684 yards.  

Probably should recruit his Oline/ Recievers.