Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

No doubt a lot of QBs will be (are) using the portal. But the worrying about HS players being squeezed out of recruitment due to the portal doesn’t seem to hold water. A kid can’t enter the portal straight of high school. All those portal players are coming from somewhere, and guess what, at some previous point they were all recruited out of high school.

So yes the portal is newer and a highly utilized thing but I don’t see where it can have much of a detrimental effect on HS recruiting. If the HS recruitment numbers get reduced, everyone’s going to run out of quarterbacks eventually.

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Only at Nebraska do we run off our own 4 year starting QB- one of the best in the portal, only to immediately start a campaign to bench and criticize any potential replacement. 

According to what I read:

- Martinez sucks, but he outplayed Heisman hopeful Rattler

- Rattler has all the talent in the world, but also sucks because Martinez outplayed him and rumors he didn't like being benched

- Brennan sucks because he couldn't even start at LSU and he's a one and done, why invest the resources to have him only one year

- The Akron kid sucks because he played at Akron  and we play in the BIG

- Smothers sucks because when he played against Iowa he looked just like and had the same outcome as Martinez

- I've come to the conclusion that the only thing to make some of you happy would be for Frost to develop a new, cutting edge offense that eliminates the QB completely. 

- And then to fully satisfy some of you, Frost would then need to be fired anyway. 

FREAKING Ridiculous. 

Its all message boards-- The sky is always falling.

I agree it is frustrating but remember most of us know nothing. We are just tired of losing. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

No doubt a lot of QBs will be (are) using the portal. But the worrying about HS players being squeezed out of recruitment due to the portal doesn’t seem to hold water. A kid can’t enter the portal straight of high school. All those portal players are coming from somewhere, and guess what, at some previous point they were all recruited out of high school.

So yes the portal is newer and a highly utilized thing but I don’t see where it can have much of a detrimental effect on HS recruiting. If the HS recruitment numbers get reduced, everyone’s going to run out of quarterbacks eventually.

I think what will happen is that most HS QBs will have to go to smaller schools or lower divisions.  Power 5 programs will use those other schools as "minor leagues" to see which QBs adjust to college well.

It will suck for MAC or Sun Belt fans as they will probably get excited for the 4* QB signing only to lose him to the SEC or B1G after his sophomore year...

Just now, funhusker said:

I think what will happen is that most HS QBs will have to go to smaller schools or lower divisions.  Power 5 programs will use those other schools as "minor leagues" to see which QBs adjust to college well.

It will suck for MAC or Sun Belt fans as they will probably get excited for the 4* QB signing only to lose him to the SEC or B1G after his sophomore year...

Yeah no doubt it has changed the landscape but as far as total numbers of HS recruits, I don’t see how that can go down. The elites will still get their recruits, discard what they don’t want AND have the pick of the litter from the portal.

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah no doubt it has changed the landscape but as far as total numbers of HS recruits, I don’t see how that can go down. The elites will still get their recruits, discard what they don’t want AND have the pick of the litter from the portal.

The total number of HS offers will be the same, but they will be skewed to lower schools.  Instead of recruiting 1 QB a year, they'll recruit 2 because whichever one does better will move on to a "better" school.  It's a pretty s#!tty deal...

2 hours ago, HANC said:

AM is my favorite QB in the portal.  Maybe they should re-recruit him. :D

Actually, I will be happy with Brennan, Johnson, or Rattler....possibly Purdy also

Brennan is headed to Southern Miss. Did anyone see this article about Rattler? Not sure if it's already been posted:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/spencer-rattler-transfer-nebraska-whipple-frost/

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Its all message boards-- The sky is always falling.

I agree it is frustrating but remember most of us know nothing. We are just tired of losing. 

Ya, I agree with that.  I actually don't post 9 of the 10 things I start posting.  It's all negative.  It's just gotten so bad one can't even put together a coherent sentence to describe how we feel anymore.  It's kNebaska Football Recovery 101 in here.  Ha ha.

I will post this ... as I think I captured my feelings in this logo.  I did this as a nice large one but can't post it as a big high def image.

Knebraska Spelling - 800.png