Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes he is not coming which makes me think we have our guy, but if Rattler is trending to UCLA and speculation the 2 guys from LSU are not coming, who else might we have on the list?

Well Chip Kelly is headed to Oregon, so I'm not sure Rattler is still trending that way. I know someone reported in this thread yesterday the Mckewon hinted there's another QB out there on Nebraska's radar who is not in the portal yet. 

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

I know you said this year but overall, 

Ratter - 70%, 40 TDs, 12 INTs

Martinez - 63%, 45TDs, 30 INTs

One of these men got benched for throwing too many INTs. :lol:

As far as baggage goes, I'm sure the new OC will Whipple him into shape.

Put up the rushing numbers too, that's a big part of being a Nebraska QB. Both of them were benched in their career, both had less than desirable 2021 seasons. One has great character, the other not so much. One was on teams littered with talent, the other wasn't.

The point is why would we get rid of Adrian and go after Rattler when they're not that much different, and Rattler brings a lot more baggage and drama to the party. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, theknife said:

Well Chip Kelly is headed to Oregon, so I'm not sure Rattler is still trending that way. I know someone reported in this thread yesterday the Mckewon hinted there's another QB out there on Nebraska's radar who is not in the portal yet. 

I am guessing JT Daniels will be leaving Georgia with the emergence of Stetson Bennett, but have no clue if he would even look our direction. 

2 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Put up the rushing numbers too, that's a big part of being a Nebraska QB. Both of them were benched in their career, both had less than desirable 2021 seasons. One has great character, the other not so much. One was on teams littered with talent, the other wasn't.

The point is why would we get rid of Adrian and go after Rattler when they're not that much different, and Rattler brings a lot more baggage and drama to the party. 

Fair, Nebraska ran more with their QB, but if you want to look at rushing yards you have to take all the fumbles he lost into account as well to defend your argument as well as the timing of them. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'd be shocked if he comes to Nebraska anyway.   As others have said we're 3-9.  We need him waaaaay more than he needs us.