Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Some other Husker sites suggest Jake Garcia is the QB we want to get. I do remember seeing a flight to Miami last week when I was looking at the tracker for who our coaches might be.

Just going by his Spring Game highlights, he's no more impressive at passing than Smothers. LSU's Johnson is a big Jerry Tagge-like QB with arm strength, touch, and can scramble pretty good for a big guy.

15 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Just going by his Spring Game highlights, he's no more impressive at passing than Smothers. LSU's Johnson is a big Jerry Tagge-like QB with arm strength, touch, and can scramble pretty good for a big guy.

I have wanted Johnson all along, especially if bro comes with. Dad former nfl qb

• Fire 1

Johnson holds the ball too long. He'd get killed behind our O-line. Had Brennan been healthy, Johnson never would've seen the field this year. That said, the door isn't closed on Brennan. If anyone can land him, it's Mickey Joseph. With his medical redshirt, Brennan still has two years of eligibility. He'll be a 6th or 7th-year senior :lol:

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Johnson holds the ball too long. He'd get killed behind our O-line. Had Brennan been healthy, Johnson never would've seen the field this year. That said, the door isn't closed on Brennan. If anyone can land him, it's Mickey Joseph. With his medical redshirt, Brennan still has two years of eligibility. He'll be a 6th or 7th-year senior :lol:

Johnson scrambles pretty good for a big guy. He'd have to....he'd look like Jammal Lord out there.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, FremontFred said:

Have y’all considered a world where we don’t land a transfer QB and we are kicking off in Dublin with Smothers as our starter? I hadn’t until just now and made me reconsider all the F5’ing I’ve been doing this week. 

Bro, we didn't bust out the wallet for Whipple and tell Martinez good luck; to NOT GET A QB in the PORTAL this year!!! IMHO #AllInBaby  

• Thanks 1