Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

On 12/8/2021 at 5:40 PM, sho said:

Multiple message boards have done it.   It's about organizing and trusting.   It's not an easy endeavor to start up.  Key would be getting the top 3-4 Husker message boards funneling to the same account that can then be sent to the player(s) desired.   The issue will be figuring out who will be getting the funds.   Personally I think Texas has the right idea where every OL will get 150K annually.  Start with the big guys up front on both sides of the ball and work out from there.

would paying (or promising to pay) an athlete to come to your school be a major NCAA violation?  Once they arrive, signed and enrolled, sure the let the NIL money roll.  

1 minute ago, San Diego Husker said:

would paying (or promising to pay) an athlete to come to your school be a major NCAA violation?  Once they arrive, signed and enrolled, sure the let the NIL money roll.  

From the way I understand NLI, if private  business/people do it not on the behalf of the university, I don't think it's a violation.

For instance, Runza can say 'We will pay new recruits X amount of money to be a scholarship athlete in Nebraska' but cannot say 'we are working for the University of Nebraska and we will pay you X amount of money to accept their scholarship'.

47 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You dont find it at all comical that we raided a single FCS team of its kickers to improve our kicking? Not 1 kicker but 2....from the same team. That's the joke, a B1G team with top 25 resources is raiding a single FCS team for kickers...both their starter and backup....that my friend is funny. 

No. 

Your sarcasm tells me your not impressed with guys from FCS.  So, my comments aren’t putting things in your mouth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

With a top notch punter like Brian, I"m gonna be rooting for some 3 & Outs just to watch him perform!

The guy just got married this fall to a redshirt feshmen on the volleyball team there. She didn't play this year. Can't imagine it's a packaged deal, but holy $h!t being married your second year in college then leaving said college... Good thing we don't have any mental hurdles to jump over in the football program. Sign him up!

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No. 

Your sarcasm tells me your not impressed with guys from FCS.  So, my comments aren’t putting things in your mouth. 

I am happy we got a kicker, lord knows we need one. However to get that kicker and then also his backup from the same school is funny. 

2 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

These threads are nearly the same. Portal info turns into a select few b!^@hing about the coaching staff. The hiring of new coaching staff turning into b!^@hing of a select few about the coaching staff. Individual Player recruitment threads turn into a b!^@h session about the coaching staff by a select few.

Can we create one thread for the select few to b!^@h to each other? We could call it “b!^@hers Brew.” Or the “Scornedhuskers Corner Acre.”

Instead of s#!tting on each thread, just pick one. That would help us all out. You know who you are.

Sounds like we need a "courtesy flush" 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

These threads are nearly the same. Portal info turns into a select few b!^@hing about the coaching staff. The hiring of new coaching staff turning into b!^@hing of a select few about the coaching staff. Individual Player recruitment threads turn into a b!^@h session about the coaching staff by a select few.

Can we create one thread for the select few to b!^@h to each other? We could call it “b!^@hers Brew.” Or the “Scornedhuskers Corner Acre.”

Instead of s#!tting on each thread, just pick one. That would help us all out. You know who you are.

You sir earn post of the week for this post right here. 

In fact it could even be a whole different subforum akin to the rumor mill. That would be even better. 

• Oh Yeah! 1