Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

24 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Be anxious to see what Whipp can do with what we have.  That last great QB whisperer couldn't get a healthy 2nd string to play over  AM with a broken jaw and bum wheel.  Smothers and Haarberg, with an actual QB coach might shine like a new dime.  Amazing what an actual coach can accomplish.

19 minutes ago, lo country said:

Be anxious to see what Whipp can do with what we have.  That last great QB whisperer couldn't get a healthy 2nd string to play over  AM with a broken jaw and bum wheel.  Smothers and Haarberg, with an actual QB coach might shine like a new dime.  Amazing what an actual coach can accomplish.

Agree. I am excited to see what our current QBs can do as neither has had enough PT to show what they are fully capable of.

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Smothers is McCaffrey 2.0 in my opinion. Not that that means much. I just don't think we'll win too many games with him at QB because of his inability to throw. 

Smothers was running a limited set of plays vs Iowa, but he's already way past McCaffrey as a thrower.

• Plus1 3

57 minutes ago, Toe said:

@The Scarlet Pimpernel He had a 70% completion rate, and his longest completion (54yds) was longer than any of McCaffrey's (45yds), despite McCaffrey having about 2.5x as many throws. Luke had a 103 QB rating in 2020, Logan's was 144 in 2019.

Yeah, I need a much larger sample size before I'm sold on him as a legit D-1 QB.

• Fire 1