Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

7 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Serious question….  Is there a single qb in the portal that hasn’t gotten a “meh” from husker board.   I swear Mahomes could be in the portal and get picked apart here.  

I can answer this...... EVERY SINGLE ONE EVENTUALLY GETS A "MEH" FROM SOMEONE ON THE BOARD! It's frustrating but expected at this point! We could have Bryce Young wanting to come here and someone would say "Meh.... pass......missed a wideopen receiver during a game I watched for 30 seconds!" :facepalm:

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

In 2020 Slovis threw for 300+ a game and scored on his last drive to take the lead 3 out of their 6 games. Idk what some people in here are wanting from a QB lol. Go find the QB playing in the p5 throwing it well without good WRs. The solution to saying these QBs are only throwing to good WRs is not to make up some non existent QB that can throw bad WRs open it's to get good WRs which we are doing. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, huskerfan702 said:

Me personally I’d just rather someone either with some previous success that needs a higher level of comp or at least someone who we can trust who has experienced pressure and won’t cave. I don’t see that in slovis

I agree that previous success would be best, but after that, I would rather take somebody who has not failed yet over somebody who has notably struggled to win games with many starts.  In my opinion we really don't know enough about the current guys on the roster to know how well they would do under pressure over several starts.  

Do we have a list of guys in the portal that have started multiple games (even if they are FCS) who have shown they are a winner?  

1 hour ago, huskerfan702 said:

Me personally I’d just rather someone either with some previous success that needs a higher level of comp or at least someone who we can trust who has experienced pressure and won’t cave. I don’t see that in slovis

I mean he was really good his freshman year and then he got some injuries. The offense probably wasn't great for him either. A fresh start could be just what he needs for everything to start clicking.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

Serious question….  Is there a single qb in the portal that hasn’t gotten a “meh” from husker board.   I swear Mahomes could be in the portal and get picked apart here.  

Well in their defense……he has thrown 3 more interceptions than AM did this year. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Duggan was planning on staying at TCU. He never officially put himself in the portal.

Correct. I am saying that with his injury, and Morris playing fairly well, now if Thompson joins mix, he MAY rethink. I was asking if he may enter portal 

• Plus1 1