Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

Don't want to be misunderstood.  I think Smothers is a solid college football QB.  He would have an unbelievable 3 year career at a G5 program, like Memphis....playing against SMU and Houston, etc.  A lot of fun!  And Haarberg would have a great career at a FCS school, as a 2 or 3 year starter, having fun too.

I think Torres could be a legit starter going into his 3rd season on campus. 

We could really use a vet to take the reigns this season, as long as whoever the vet is can win us some games, be a stud at QB, and leave the program in good hands.  If we can't get that through the portal, then it is what it is.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

So the consensus is, for the 2022 season, Huskerboard wants a quarterback that never loses, never fails, doesn’t make any of the same mistakes as our last 12 quarterbacks, injury proof, doesn’t need an offensive line to produce, WRs can be crap because this guy will throw them open. Is that about right?

Sounds about right.

Also, "throwing a guy open" might be the overused phrase that people love to say but they have no clue what it means when they say it. Not saying this about you, just that term, in general. 

• Plus1 4
13 minutes ago, runningblind said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4428512/kedon-slovis

You say you don't want 3 years of OTJ training,  yet you are wanting a guy who played 3 years elsewhere and this would be his 4th.  His stats have gotten progressively worse each year.  You just prefer if they get OTJ training elsewhere? :lol:

Well of course ;)

Great FR season (very great, like really great)

5-1 2nd year (covid season)

4-8 this past year (coach Fired after 2nd game)

He has 2 years of eligibility left, will probably just play one and off to the NFL.

PS. stats tell the story, lol

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

So the consensus is, for the 2022 season, Huskerboard wants a quarterback that never loses, never fails, doesn’t make any of the same mistakes as our last 12 quarterbacks, injury proof, doesn’t need an offensive line to produce, WRs can be crap because this guy will throw them open. Is that about right?

Wouldn’t hurt if he could run a 4.3 too. Don’t forget Tom Brady work ethic and intelligence. 

also def not a nice guy

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

A lot of us are simply saying don’t get your hopes up for a better offense with a guy like Slovis. Everyone acts all pumped up like we are hitting a home run when the guy has shown major inconsistencies. If you’re happy with an offense a lot like this years but maybe with less mistakes that might be what you’re looking at.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

- graham Harrell hired at USC

-Kedon slovis QBR 81.1 (11th in natio)

-QBR 75.7 (.1 ahead of AM) in a 5 game season 

-QBR 57.5 (With Harrell as a full time OC)

For anyone saying he is a pro QB can you please tell me how many USC games you stayed up to watch?

1. We will be OK without Slovis.

2. We will be better with Slovis.

3. Stats Stats Stats, lol

4. The League and Mock Draft guys having him going to the league.  It's a fact.

5. If you don't like him, why not just say that, instead?

This is just a potential portal target thread.  It's nothing else but a few opinions on who is going where, could go, might go, and the idea about us possibly grabbing a portal QB per HCSF.  That's all man. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, admo said:

1. We will be OK without Slovis.

2. We will be better with Slovis.

3. Stats Stats Stats, lol

4. The League and Mock Draft guys having him going to the league.  It's a fact.

5. If you don't like him, why not just say that, instead?

This is just a potential portal target thread.  It's nothing else but a few opinions on who is going where, could go, might go, and the idea about us possibly grabbing a portal QB per HCSF.  That's all man. 

The league and draft guys mean he’s a lock? How many busts get discussed every year? I’m not insinuating anything I live in Las Vegas and sports bet I guarantee I’ve seen this guy play at least 12-15 games. If you don’t know anything about him besides what you read just say that

9 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

The league and draft guys mean he’s a lock? How many busts get discussed every year? I’m not insinuating anything I live in Las Vegas and sports bet I guarantee I’ve seen this guy play at least 12-15 games. If you don’t know anything about him besides what you read just say that

4f22mdB.gif

• Haha 5
32 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

- graham Harrell hired at USC

-Kedon slovis QBR 81.1 (11th in natio)

-QBR 75.7 (.1 ahead of AM) in a 5 game season 

-QBR 57.5 (With Harrell as a full time OC)

For anyone saying he is a pro QB can you please tell me how many USC games you stayed up to watch?

This makes me even happier that Harrell isn’t anywhere near this program.

Their coach was fired game 2 this year. The team was a complete mess all year. I watched them plenty.

That’s all I take from that.

Slovis with good coaching and proper system will do just fine.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, RambleOn51 said:

A lot of us are simply saying don’t get your hopes up for a better offense with a guy like Slovis. Everyone acts all pumped up like we are hitting a home run when the guy has shown major inconsistencies. If you’re happy with an offense a lot like this years but maybe with less mistakes that might be what you’re looking at.

200.gif

6 hours ago, RambleOn51 said:

I could absolutely live with this.

Let’s do this!

• Plus1 5