Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

18 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah wtf, a slightly better offense plus a better punter and kicker and we would have won 8 or 9 games this year with a super tough schedule. 

I’d argue with those improvements NU would have been 10-2, if not 11-1.  

OSU was a loss, but Oklahoma may have turned out a bit different.

Mich, MSU, Purdue, Minn, Illinois, Wisc, and Iowa? No question they’d be wins without poor kicking/punting and offensive turnovers.

Of course this makes the huge assumptions other aspects of those games remained the same.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I’d argue with those improvements NU would have been 10-2, if not 11-1.  

OSU was a loss, but Oklahoma may have turned out a bit different.

Mich, MSU, Purdue, Minn, Illinois, Wisc, and Iowa? No question they’d be wins without poor kicking/punting and offensive turnovers.

Of course this makes the huge assumptions other aspects of those games remained the same.

Stop saying NU WOULD HAVE BEEN 10-2 if all of these things happened.  Yes, NU COULD HAVE won a few more games, but it's not like all of these games would have flipped for NU's favor.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4B868F73-D8C4-4B70-AE5E-EBA25167687D.jpeg.73b705f1fd98ce6870539bfda38f57b4.jpeg

From a discussion about Slovis on Reddit. Could easily be copy and paste from our Reddit talking about Adrian. Not trying to crap on the kid. But he seems like a step down from a guy like Brennan at this point. I really hope I’m wrong and it was just the stupid Air Raid offense messing him up. Save us Wip.

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, RambleOn51 said:

4B868F73-D8C4-4B70-AE5E-EBA25167687D.jpeg.73b705f1fd98ce6870539bfda38f57b4.jpeg

From a discussion about Slovis on Reddit. Could easily be copy and paste from our Reddit talking about Adrian. Not trying to crap on the kid. But he seems like a step down from a guy like WARD at this point. I really hope I’m wrong and it was just the stupid Air Raid offense messing him up. Save us Wip.

Fixed it.

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, admo said:

Yeah, thinking the same.  Not putting him up on a pedestal or anything, but would like to see what a projected 1st or 2nd rounder in the NFL could do with Whipple. :dunno 

I like Smothers and HH and Torres, but they could use another year of seasoning behind a veteran, with the likes of Slovis. 

Plus, I'm done with 3 years OTJ training.  Taylor, Armstrong, 2AM....I'm over it.

I dunno. Taylor, Armstrong and 2AM were clearly better than the upperclassman they were competing against. 

We've seen a lot of young quarterbacks hit the ground running because it's their leadership and confidence that make them good QBs. 

Smothers got a year of seasoning behind the most prolific quarterback in Husker football history, and apparently that's worth a cup of coffee and more second team reps. 

Out of curiosity, if Whipple is that good of an OC/QB coach why are we not thinking Smothers, Haarberg or Torres can develop and work.  If Whipple uses what he has (I have no reason to doubt this), we might be pleasantly surprised at what he can accomplish with what we have.  IMHO, Smothers looked no worse than a 4 year starter against, Iowa.  I'd like to think that with an actual qualified coach who calls plays to the strengths of the offense on hand we might be looking good.  Thrown in an actual scheme with a method to its madness, WR's who are actually coached and I think we look and play like a much better team than we have seen under Frost.  

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Out of curiosity, if Whipple is that good of an OC/QB coach why are we not thinking Smothers, Haarberg or Torres can develop and work.  If Whipple uses what he has (I have no reason to doubt this), we might be pleasantly surprised at what he can accomplish with what we have.  IMHO, Smothers looked no worse than a 4 year starter against, Iowa.  I'd like to think that with an actual qualified coach who calls plays to the strengths of the offense on hand we might be looking good.  Thrown in an actual scheme with a method to its madness, WR's who are actually coached and I think we look and play like a much better team than we have seen under Frost.  

Because Smothers issue is arm strength. Can’t coach that, and the human body doesn’t build that fast, legally. Not sure SF wants to pin his future on a non highly recruited rs freshman or a true freshman to win in the big 10. Furthermore, our scheme wasn’t the issue, so a different scheme may actually be worse, or at the least not better. SF isn’t going to lay his job on the line for guys who may be 2-3 years away.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan99 said:

Hearing some chatter about Casey Thompson to Nebraska.

Frost recruited him while at UCF.

Looking at his stats, when he is on he is on.  In losses, he is significantly worse.  He's not a runner per his stat sheet so that goes with a more air it out O.  TBH, don't know if he is an upgrade over anyone on our roster.