Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

6 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Is Thompson still available or is he TCU bound? Slovis is a great passer if we can protect him. 

No idea. That’s just some names besides Ward that we are just interested in/mutual interest 

Slovis seems to be the one with the most mutual interest. Plus it’s basically down to us and Arizona with Cal taking a QB. 

• Plus1 1

I feel like we reached out to many QBs that went into the portal, and got a polite response back of "no thanks"

We are 3-9 and not exactly trending upward.

I am fine if the Huskers feel confident enough in LS and HH.  I just don't want to hear "we looked into the portal, but didn't find the right fit" phony excuse.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, admo said:

I feel like we reached out to many QBs that went into the portal, and got a polite response back of "no thanks"

I am fine if the Huskers feel confident enough in LS and HH.  I just don't want to hear "we looked into the portal, but didn't find the right fit" phony excuse.  

Go with the kids we recruited.  Honor our commit to them. I think we all might be very surprised to see how improved these guys might/could be with an actual QB coach.  

Too your point, I don't want some BS no one fit what we were looking for crap either. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2

12 minutes ago, admo said:

Bingo.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, lo country said:

Go with the kids we recruited.  Honor our commit to them. I think we all might be very surprised to see how improved these guys might/could be with an actual QB coach.  

Too your point, I don't want some BS no one fit what we were looking for crap either. 

We might land someone yet that's a good fit and is interested. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

or “we looked at the portal, but we decided that we were happy with what we had” 

3 hours ago, admo said:

Yeah I said it before on this thread I am ok with LS, but the offense will need to look more like it did vs Iowa than what Pitt was running last year imo

56 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t remember that being the selling point. 

I'm thinking it was more of an expectation or hope based on a QB would see what he did with Pickett and want to play for an OC/QB coach like that.  Kind of how there was and is talk about Joseph getting quality WR's here based upon his recruiting prowess and how successful he has been in developing them.

10 hours ago, lo country said:

I mean we dont actually know if Verduzco could develop as our only data point is Adrian Martinez who statistically was fine but when it came to crunch time he crumbled. Can you teach a QB to have ice in his veins or is it something you either have or you dont? I tend to lead towards the latter which means you gotta find a guy who puts a team on his back and wills them to victory. 

• Haha 1