Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

15 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

We definitely have a lot of ground to make up in Omaha over the next few years. I hate seeing them go out of state.

That was a recent knock on Ruud. Omaha was his area.  Bottom line NU no longer has the luster where name alone gets us the local kids.  Talent is talent.  Gotta work for them now.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Oh please enlighten me where I'm wrong in this case?

1. You stated that Frost never recruited Keegan which in fact he actually did. 

2. I’m not butt hurt just find it weird that Clester recruits harder for Iowa than he does his own Alma Mater

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This is what happens when you are 3-9 and have what most people outside of Nebraska feels is a lame duck coach.

No doubt.  Honest question, someone had posted earlier that Pitt was ushering Whipple out so not a big loss to them.  Joseph allegedly made a play and Kelly chose not to keep him.  IMHO, both are upgrades for sure.  Whipple style is not my choice, but I can see the quality in that hire.  Would other schools have picked either up (P5)?  Or was this a case of 4 years of losses and the perception that Frost is a lame duck coach.  Were the hires that great or are we convincing ourselves that we "stole them" from other programs.  Again, I think they are upgrades, quality Frost should have looked for year 1, but are they further down the list choices.

11 minutes ago, Apathy said:

1. You stated that Frost never recruited Keegan which in fact he actually did. 

2. I’m not butt hurt just find it weird that Clester recruits harder for Iowa than he does his own Alma Mater

Clester is probably telling the Duckers the good experience that Keagan has had at Iowa. I'm sure Clester loves his alma mater, but his alma mater didn't show much love towards his son until it was too late.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

No doubt.  Honest question, someone had posted earlier that Pitt was ushering Whipple out so not a big loss to them.  Joseph allegedly made a play and Kelly chose not to keep him.  IMHO, both are upgrades for sure.  Whipple style is not my choice, but I can see the quality in that hire.  Would other schools have picked either up (P5)?  Or was this a case of 4 years of losses and the perception that Frost is a lame duck coach.  Were the hires that great or are we convincing ourselves that we "stole them" from other programs.  Again, I think they are upgrades, quality Frost should have looked for year 1, but are they further down the list choices.

Both guys would've been picked up. Joseph would've likely been scooped up by Florida.

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Clester is probably telling the Duckers the good experience that Keagan has had at Iowa. I'm sure Clester loves his alma mater, but his alma mater didn't show much love towards his son until it was too late.

It's been like this for years.  If the Husker head coach does not recruit Omaha it's a travesty.  This is driven by insure HS coaches who believe they should be catered by the head coach not an asst.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, Decked said:

Maybe they could’ve done it differently but your original statement is incorrect. 

Wasn’t it Clester and/or his son who stated that Iowa was the more established program, or along those lines? Whatever the exact comment was, it wasn’t untrue, but it just sounded more like his son wasn’t going to help his alma mater rebuild. 

9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's been like this for years.  If the Husker head coach does not recruit Omaha it's a travesty.  This is driven by insure HS coaches who believe they should be catered by the head coach not an asst.

You'd think the HC would be the one to recruit the Omaha metro area.  Since it's the largest city in the state.  Rumors were that Ruud wasn't even going by the schools....Big difference in not going and catering to them.  It's also one thing to leave Nebraska to play elsewhere, but it's Iowa.  The state right next door.  I think that's what makes it harder.  It's not like we are losing in state guys to schools in the SEC or ACC or even farther away like OSU, UM etc....I'd think we'd pull out the stops for local kids. The whole 500 mile radius thing and also for an Alumni's son....

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He's free to tell his sons or anyone whatever he wants.  However, this all happened with a totally different coaching staff.  If he wants to still cry over sour grapes, fine.  Can't please everyone who was hurt by someone else.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

He's free to tell his sons or anyone whatever he wants.  However, this all happened with a totally different coaching staff.  If he wants to still cry over sour grapes, fine.  Can't please everyone who was hurt by someone else.

What are you talking about? Keagan Johnson was a true freshman who started the last few games of 2021.  His high school recruitment was fully during the Frost tenure. 

• Plus1 1