Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

A lot of guys having kittens about who we're losing to the portal...are we really losing a lot?  Are we missing these guys after they're gone?  Robinson was a blow, Martinez may be...but are we just losing crazy amounts of talent and not replacing it?

I really just don't see it.

I agree ! I hated losing Robinson and he had a great year. In trade, we got Toure, who only had approximately 250 less yards and 1 less td than Wandale. I am also an AM supporter and hate to see him leave, jury out as you mentioned. If we don’t find a portal guy, it could hurt. Biggest blow was nfl declarations, not portal.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Robinson is in the portal? 

People have been having kittens for 2 years about all of our portal losses and I find it hilarious.  We haven't really lost anyone worth losing sleep over other than Robinson and maybe Martinez.   

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll wear that hat if I am.  But I just don't see it.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

People have been having kittens for 2 years about all of our portal losses and I find it hilarious.  We haven't really lost anyone worth losing sleep over other than Robinson and maybe Martinez.   

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll wear that hat if I am.  But I just don't see it.

Was Spielman portal?  I do think if we had Spielman, Wandale, and even Luke, then Frost would definitely have some more wins under his belt. If AM gets these guys the ball usually good things would happen. These were weapons in our offense that we lost. Is what it is though.

22 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Was Spielman portal?  I do think if we had Spielman, Wandale, and even Luke, then Frost would definitely have some more wins under his belt. If AM gets these guys the ball usually good things would happen. These were weapons in our offense that we lost. Is what it is though.

Wandale yes. The other 2 nope. JD’s heart and mind weren’t in it anymore and AM couldn’t have ever gotten Luke the ball as they play the same position, just ask Luke. 

7 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I was ok giving Luke some QB packages but not sure if it was Luke or our staff but we did not use him to his strengths and best abilities. 

Luke is a high D2-mid tier FCS QB. He is terrible. Look at his stats this year at Rice. The biggest mistake was recruiting him to play QB. That’s why Harry Potter got fired. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Decked said:

Luke is a D2 QB. He is terrible. Look at his stats this year at Rice. The biggest mistake was recruiting him to play QB. That’s why Harry Potter got fired. 

Bingo !!!  Which is why our qb depth was poor. Fell a year behind with the “I promise you are a qb “. 

9 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m not even sure smothers has the arm to be a good starter. I just can’t believe how bad the recruiting was. Terrible. 

He has an average division 1 arm. This crazy narrative that he has some sort of noodle arm is so annoying. Dude completed a 40 yard pass falling backwards against Iowa and has plenty of zip across the middle. Wanna see a noodle arm? Go watch Zach lee highlights. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
40 minutes ago, Decked said:

Luke is a high D2-mid tier FCS QB. He is terrible. Look at his stats this year at Rice. The biggest mistake was recruiting him to play QB. That’s why Harry Potter got fired. 

Like I said Luke should have had some running packages for him at QB and that’s it. Could we have used Luke more in the role that Wandale had between the tackles?  Then use Wandale in his more natural position. Instead both left, not good.

3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Like I said Luke should have had some running packages for him at QB and that’s it. Could we have used Luke more in the role that Wandale had between the tackles?  Then use Wandale in his more natural position. Instead both left, not good.

Luke wanted to be QB doubt he would’ve wanted to be in the role. Plus he was redshirted right? Sad our RBs were that depleted/crappy. Wan’Dale & Toure would be a very good one two combo 

4 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Good thought, but Luke refused the idea and bolted. That was were it was headed but Luke was convinced he was a QB, not a duck r or slot

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
28 minutes ago, RambleOn51 said:

He has an average division 1 arm. This crazy narrative that he has some sort of noodle arm is so annoying. Dude completed a 40 yard pass falling backwards against Iowa and has plenty of zip across the middle. Wanna see a noodle arm? Go watch Zach lee highlights. 

Logan is fine.  His arm strength is fine.  We throw quick short routes and medium routes.  Reading the defense, timing throws, accuracy, wise decision making, and getting rid of the football quickly is the utmost importance of a QB to be efficient. 

Noodle arm (lol, ok), holding the ball to long, scrambling, bad decisions, taking sacks, fumbling, running to soon when you could have thrown the ball to an receiver, won't do much for the offense to be efficient. 

Noodle arm lol.  Who says that after 1 game?  Against a top 20 defense

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1