Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

4 hours ago, M.A. said:

What concerns me is how durable will he be with his build.  

That's my biggest concern. He absolutely can not be used like AM was. He won't make it halfway through B1G play like that.

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

Neither of these seems even close to being true to me. 

He for sure is a better runner. He's a hair quicker, more decisive, and shiftier than Adrian was.

Like I said his arm in limited action seems fine. He can make the throws the offense requires. Maybe he can't throw the deep ball as far as Adrian, but we should be fine. He did well against a stout defense.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Display name said:

To run this offense ? Do you know something I don’t I’m pretty sure we have no idea what kind of offense we will run next year 

Offense will be nearly the same.  Having the addition of Mickey Joseph and Whip in the coaches room, the routes will be a bit different, which will benefit the team from their experience. 

Also, managing the flow of the game will probably improve as Whip settles in.

• Fire 1

Smothers has something you can't teach....IT factor that to me will rally the team. Adrian talked great at pressers but to me didn't have that sauce kids rally around. I think Smothers has more football IQ, quicker feet, and gets the ball out quicker. He might not make the holy sh*t type plays Adrian did when the play broke down, but there is no doubt he will make more correct plays which will lead to less turnovers and more wins. 

• Fire 2

24 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Smothers has something you can't teach....IT factor that to me will rally the team. Adrian talked great at pressers but to me didn't have that sauce kids rally around. I think Smothers has more football IQ, quicker feet, and gets the ball out quicker. He might not make the holy sh*t type plays Adrian did when the play broke down, but there is no doubt he will make more correct plays which will lead to less turnovers and more wins. 

Is that why he turned it over twice in crunch time? It was the exact same outcome as when Martinez started realistically. 

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Seems like a body and a fill-in for a year to me.  By "huge get" you mean what?  Is this kid "special" in his ability or just a "piece" that will interchange with what we've had?

No clue here.

Was Darrion Daniels special or just a piece? Toure? I mean they don't all have to be first round draft picks to help out the team

59 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Seems like a body and a fill-in for a year to me.  By "huge get" you mean what?  Is this kid "special" in his ability or just a "piece" that will interchange with what we've had?

No clue here.

He’s an upperclassman with lots of P5 experience at a spot we desperately need help/competition at. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

This is the reachiest reach given what we saw in his first game. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1