Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

17 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you think any of us will be mad if transfers come in and Smothers beats them all to be QB1? I wont be that means that he was better than all of them. Which means we have the best QB starting. Everyone here is good with Smothers as QB1 we just want to raise the level of competition in the room and let the best man win. Same for all the other transfers and guys on the team. Just get the best group of guys on the field possible. 

I don't give a s#!t if Jesus Smothers comes into play as long as we f#&%ing win.  That's about all i give a s#!t about these days regarding Nebraska football.  Its clear that the Nebraska football staff cant recruit good qbs and i think its apparent that anyone who we target cant play the correct style of football at Nebraska.  And lord knows know one around here knows what the f#&% there talking about regarding quarterbacks.  So maybe we just try to coax a good 5 star qb with food and women.  And just tell them to throw the football at a open receiver and we should be golden.  

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I don't give a s#!t if Jesus Smothers comes into play as long as we f#&%ing win.  That's about all i give a s#!t about these days regarding Nebraska football.  Its clear that the Nebraska football staff cant recruit good qbs and i think its apparent that anyone who we target cant play the correct style of football at Nebraska.  And lord knows know one around here knows what the f#&% there talking about regarding quarterbacks.  So maybe we just try to coax a good 5 star qb with food and women.  And just tell them to throw the football at a open receiver and we should be golden.  

I took notes of all of these suggestions and will pass them along to Trev. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
10 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I'll Venmo you $25 right now to pay for some brisket that you can deliver to Casey Thompson, being you live in Texas and all. 

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

48 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you think any of us will be mad if transfers come in and Smothers beats them all to be QB1? I wont be that means that he was better than all of them. Which means we have the best QB starting. Everyone here is good with Smothers as QB1 we just want to raise the level of competition in the room and let the best man win. Same for all the other transfers and guys on the team. Just get the best group of guys on the field possible. 

I hear you, but the sentiment so far in this thread seems to be essentially "Smothers doesn't have the arm talent to effectively run the offense" and so many people are touting Haarberg & Torres above him when we haven't even seen either of those guys play at all.

So IF we pull in a transfer QB or 2 and Smothers ends up being QB1, I know well enough to expect plenty of comments such as "They couldn't even beat out Smothers, we're so effed" and variations of that, and I think that's all pretty ridiculous TBH.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I hear you, but the sentiment so far in this thread seems to be essentially "Smothers doesn't have the arm talent to effectively run the offense" and so many people are touting Haarberg & Torres above him when we haven't even seen either of those guys play at all.

So IF we pull in a transfer QB or 2 and Smothers ends up being QB1, I know well enough to expect plenty of comments such as "They couldn't even beat out Smothers, we're so effed" and variations of that, and I think that's all pretty ridiculous TBH.

I am sure a few will be that way. I simply want more of a competition for QB1 than Smother, HH and an injured Torres. Honestly I would prefer bringing in 2 transfers. 5 scholly QBs. We will lose 1 or 2 to the portal potentially but that is how this goes these days. 

45 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

If Haarberg is the one the camera catches talking to himself and dancing, then he should be the one. 

2 hours ago, HANC said:

There must be something to his lack of arm strength though. I am not arguing, but just pointing out that HH was in a battle for that spot as a true freshman, we are rumored to be looking at 2 portal guys along with Torres, whom some are already in love with. That would be 4 scholly qb, along with Masker. If they really trusted Smothers, they would only be after 1 qb in portal

I think he can throw an adequate long ball for this offense, but I know what you're talking about. Some of his lateral and intermediate throws tend to hang in the air too long. I feel like Adrian had the same problem his Freshmen and Sophomore outings. It's like he doesn't drive the ball enough with his hips or something. He does have a quicker release though. Haarberg can zip it but his release is slow and loopy, it's just college ball though so not as important.

9 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think he can throw an adequate long ball for this offense, but I know what you're talking about. Some of his lateral and intermediate throws tend to hang in the air too long. I feel like Adrian had the same problem his Freshmen and Sophomore outings. It's like he doesn't drive the ball enough with his hips or something.

they didnt quiz on that in their qb tests. You only study for what you will be quizzed on geesh give the guys a break.