Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

Aren’t we at 67 guys on scholarship , plus 14 signees and 4 transfers? Plus Honas if he comes back/gets waiver. So 86 at most? 

I think a lot of the sites have us sitting at 87. Not sure you you are and arent counting but they are still counting Deontre Thomas even though most are fairly certain he is done. 

4 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

Aren’t we at 67 guys on scholarship , plus 14 signees and 4 transfers? Plus Honas if he comes back/gets waiver. So 86 at most? 

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/2016-huskeronline-com-scholarship-distribution-chart

They have us at 89, but that includes Cerni who one has to assume will be encouraged to move on. Wyatt Liewer might be one of the walk ons that got awarded a semester only scholarship and some of the super seniors might not be returning. I’m guessing there will be some more attrition as well. 

8 hours ago, HANC said:

I believe he is thinking that some may enter portal if they don’t start, so he mentioned building depth if and when that happens. I am just reporting what he said today in his interview 

So, some guys will leave because they aren’t starting so we need to bring in other guys who left where they were at because they weren’t starting. 

Sounds about right for the logic in the portal. 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

By all means grab multiple QB's when the whole problem is the steaming pile of crap OL.  Had the OL been average, AM looks like a Heisman candidate.  

Donovan Riola better be elite if Frost wants another year.

I hope that when looking for a QB they evaluated how well they throw while running for their life.

images.jpg

• Oh Yeah! 2
9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

There is also a scholarship issue.  We need lineman more than 2 portal qbs.

I agree we need more OL (have 1 maybe 2 if the Okie State OL picks us) out of the portal but we do need 2 QB’s from the portal though. Frost should’ve took a QB from the portal last year with McCaffrey leaving and having 0 experience behind an injury prone Martinez but typical Frost it takes him too damn long to make the right decisions

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

Hopefully, Purdy is more clutch than his brother was for ISU this past season.  ISU probably had the most talent it has ever had and finished 7-6.

He was leading a drive at the end of the game ran for a first down on 4th and 3 and had the ball knocked loose and it went back behind the line of gain... end of game.  So someone has a QB just as unlucky in crunch time as 2AM

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Apathy said:

I agree we need more OL (have 1 maybe 2 if the Okie State OL picks us) out of the portal but we do need 2 QB’s from the portal though. Frost should’ve took a QB from the portal last year with McCaffrey leaving and having 0 experience behind an injury prone Martinez but typical Frost it takes him too damn long to make the right decisions

I'm just saying that we don't have room for 2 qbs with other pressing needs like oline, safety & NT.  As of right now, the NCAA has not waived the 85 total scholarship limit.

51 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I'm just saying that we don't have room for 2 qbs with other pressing needs like oline, safety & NT.  As of right now, the NCAA has not waived the 85 total scholarship limit.

I agree, but I also feel like they have a general idea of who is coming and who is going. I think they will be able to handle the scholarships based on what they can get done in these positions of need. I have heard we have two O-Lineman targeted mainly the OSU lineman and have not heard the name of the other. Everyone wants defensive line so that's a tough one. Have there been any names floated around for that side of the ball? 

• Plus1 1