Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

heck we need more than depth at NT we need a NT. If both Daniels and Thomas are gone you are on your 3rd string for next year. 

Our base defense is essentially a 4-2-5 until we go against heavy run packages, or at least it was this year. That gives you Robinson & Rogers, with Hutmacher & Riley behind them. That's not bad IMO.

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Our base defense is essentially a 4-2-5 until we go against heavy run packages, or at least it was this year. That gives you Robinson & Rogers, with Hutmacher & Riley behind them. That's not bad IMO.

I must be nuts as I recall trotting Stille, Robinson and Daniels out together quite often. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I must be nuts as I recall trotting Stille, Robinson and Daniels out together quite often. 

Only in short yardage, goal line, and personnel matchups such as against Minn and Wisconsin when they put out heavy packages. Not sure if the stat is out there, but I'd bet we only had 2 DL on the field at least 60% of snaps on defense all year

35 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

29 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

Only in short yardage, goal line, and personnel matchups such as against Minn and Wisconsin when they put out heavy packages. Not sure if the stat is out there, but I'd bet we only had 2 DL on the field at least 60% of snaps on defense all year

The 4 down lineman were often 3 like Stille/Daniels/Robinson plus a LB like Nelson or Payne.  Only using 3 lineman in 3 or 4 man fronts doesn't reduce the need for depth at NT/DT at all.

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

The 4 down lineman were often 3 like Stille/Daniels/Robinson plus a LB like Nelson or Payne.  Only using 3 lineman in 3 or 4 man fronts doesn't reduce the need for depth at NT/DT at all.

It was a little more in that direction later in the year because we played the heaviest running teams, but for a vast majority of the season, the front 4 was

Nelson - Stille/Robinson - Daniels/Thomas - Tannor

• Plus1 2

23 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

It was a little more in that direction later in the year because we played the heaviest running teams, but for a vast majority of the season, the front 4 was

heres to hoping Weaver and Black are ready to play ball this upcoming season. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I saw that Payne entered portal. He struggled quite a bit. 

51 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

What do you think of Jordan Riley? He's a big body and I thought he flashed a couple times this year, just didn't get a lot of time with a loaded DL roster

Rumor was that he had a piss poor attitude and work ethic this season.  No idea if it was true but wouldn't surprise me to see him transfer

• Haha 1