Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

13 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A friend theorized to me that the "QB we're waiting on the enter the portal" is Brock Purdy of ISU as he has a Covid year left.  And then we'd also bring in Chubba as our 2nd portal QBs.  They get to play together for 1 year with Brock starting this year and Chubba in position to start in 2023.

Good theory, but never gong to happen IMO. Brock is beloved by so many at ISU, but also has the AM factor. Brock had so many records, but comes up short in big time moments. I know he has won a lot more games than AM and Nebraska, but this is lateral move at best for us. Brock had Montgomery and Hall to hand ball too, along with a few nfl guys to throw too. If Brick use Covid year, he will show the loyalty to ISU just like his Coach has done.. all opinion though, so maybe, maybe not.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, HANC said:

Good theory, but never gong to happen IMO. Brock is beloved by so many at ISU, but also has the AM factor. Brock had so many records, but comes up short in big time moments. I know he has won a lot more games than AM and Nebraska, but this is lateral move at best for us. Brock had Montgomery and Hall to hand ball too, along with a few nfl guys to throw too. If Brick use Covid year, he will show the loyalty to ISU just like his Coach has done.. all opinion though, so maybe, maybe not.

Brock Purdy has displayed some....curious decision making at times.  

6 minutes ago, admo said:

This is what I've been expecting, that CT waiting to see what Williams does, and holding out for OU.

Kinda feels like the beginning of Williams -> USC, Thompson -> Oklahoma. I could see Cam Ward ending up at Washington St to join his OC. That might free up WSU's P12 Freshman of the Year QB. I know a husker 247 writer said they weren't getting a lot of feedback from portal QBs, most have their next move planned before the portal. Seems like Chubba and wait for more dominos to fall is this staff's move as it stands. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They are sending a clear signal to the current players that they need to work their asses off or they will be replaced.  And....that's a good signal to send.

We've got to light some fires. And quick! There needs to be a sense of urgency and no more dink'n around. Much of this is having a nasty attitude. It's time we put an end to being pushed around and instead be the ones doing the PUSHING. 

• Oh Yeah! 1