Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I suspect that Smoothers would be the odd man out as Haarberg fits the mold better of our new OC/QB coach.  

Didn't seem to fit very well with HCSF's offense either since even when AM had a broken jaw and was hobbled by an ankle sprain he got zero snaps. That kind of tells me all I need to know about how much faith the staff has in him.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Dogs In A Pile said:

Didn't seem to fit very well with HCSF's offense either since even when AM had a broken jaw and was hobbled by an ankle sprain he got zero snaps. That kind of tells me all I need to know about how much faith the staff has in him.

Yep.  Surprised he hasn't jumped into the portal before this. 

Truly beginning to think Smothers jumps as soon as an announcement is made about CT. A super junior, old in age and 2 years left, wanting Purdy, a freshman with 3-4 left I believe. Whipple wanting a thrower, not a runner. Writing on the wall here.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HANC said:

Truly beginning to think Smothers jumps as soon as an announcement is made about CT. A super junior, old in age and 2 years left, wanting Purdy, a freshman with 3-4 left I believe. Whipple wanting a thrower, not a runner. Writing on the wall here.

Oh well. Very replaceable. 

10 minutes ago, HANC said:

It's not you it's me writing on the wall there. 

39 minutes ago, HANC said:

He is a sophomore has 3 years remaining.  Everyone is old for their class right now.  He probably will transfer but it has more to do with his ability to process at this level.

12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

He is a sophomore has 3 years remaining.  Everyone is old for their class right now.  He probably will transfer but it has more to do with his ability to process at this level.

I was asking about Purdy’s age and years left. I thought read he has 4 yes of eligibility 

58 minutes ago, HANC said:

Logan Smothers is part of the 2020 class. He has only been in the program for 2 seasons and the first year he redshirted. He still technically has 4 years of eligibility left. He might stick it out one more year and see where he stands after it. If he still can't become the starter by then, he'll probably transfer

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Smothers has 4 years remaining. He used his Redshirt freshman YR and still has his "covid shirt" bonus year. 

25 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Smothers has 4 years remaining. He used his Redshirt freshman YR and still has his "covid shirt" bonus year. 

Smothers has 3 years of eligibility.  He got a free year of eligibility in 2020, but didn't redshirt in 2021, so that used 1 year of eligibility.  He would technically be able to use a redshirt year still.