Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

12 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Having a couple on a Thursday night huh? :cheers

LOL no bro not tonight, tomorrow perhaps!  I happen to watch a lot of Texas football (A&M, TCU, Baylor, Texas, SMU, Houston) and I really was impressed by Thompson.  I'm also shocked he could go to the Huskers.  He's not perfect, but easily the best we would have had in a long time.  Reminds me of Kyler Murray at OU (not identical, but similar). 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, admo said:

LOL no bro not tonight, tomorrow perhaps!  I happen to watch a lot of Texas football (A&M, TCU, Baylor, Texas, SMU, Houston) and I really was impressed by Thompson.  I'm also shocked he could go to the Huskers.  He's not perfect, but easily the best we would have had in a long time.  Reminds me of Kyler Murray at OU (not identical, but similar). 

Kyler Murray won a Heisman Trophy and the won the Big 12 in his only year as an OU starter. If Thompson is anywhere near that at NU, it would be a success. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Sooner fans seem to think that OU is still in the running for him, despite already landing Gabriel.

Man I wouldn't understand that at all. Lebby got his guy in Gabriel, a guy that excelled in his offense. CT left Texas to start and he would be going against Gabriel who has a massive head start. But that would be the most Nebraska thing ever so CT to OU will probably happen. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Sean Callahan has been dropping hints about a big non-QB transfer for about a week but he wouldn't say who until it was a more solid lead.  He said this morning this is who he has been talking about.  He said there was some academic hurdle that was holding things up but now that he's in the student directory it means he's been accepted to UNL so perhaps the path is now clear.

He's supposed to be here for a visit next weekend.  Has returned kicks and punts at LSU also, had a TD on both at LSU.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Right before half. He handed the ball off 3 times. People threw a fit we burned his redshirt to hand off 3 times. 

This is OT for this thread, but redshirt rules were crafted before the Transfer Portal was here and the dynamic for many players has changed.  It was crafted for players who would finish their careers at the same school that they signed with as a Freshman. Someone who redshirts needs development to get on the field, in the eyes of the staff, so you get an extra year with them. With the new Transfer Rules, (A) there is less need for them because you can shop for another one in the Portal (B) For players who think the grass is greener, you are just providing them another year to (potentially) leave your program.

• Plus1 2