Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

11 hours ago, RichardHangslow said:

I love full-back play.  I mean I know most teams have gotten away from it but man you line up in a power I and a full back runs for like 50 yards up the middle. That is the sweetest play in college football

Did you watch Montana vs NDSU in the FCS championship?  Love their scheme on both sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Depth??? No, we don't need depth. If a guy isn't a full time starter he should be shown the door so we can get the next stud out of the transfer portal or a recruit. Development and depth doesn't matter anymore. 

Just go read the "who leaves after the season thread."

Presumably this is mostly sarcasm but there is some truth if your point is we don’t need more 4th string level players. Based on the playing time for recent ‘depth’ guys (they didn’t play much despite the absence of exceptionally good, consistent play ahead of them), we have plenty of depth there.  If you can swap 4th stringers for 1st and 2nds, that might be good.  
However, team unity, camaraderie, faith in coaching and system, are vital.  The whole culture reset that Frost focused on thru 4 years, could be at risk with more major roster turmoil.  Every player needs a reasonable chance to grow and develop over time.  Instant transformation into a great TEAM is unlikely.  Trust. Unity of purpose.  Team goals.  Legitimate position competition is critical. 
Frost needs to be honest with guys throughout  the recruitment and in program periods. Frank evaluations.  Wholesale dumping for short term expediency is a bad idea imo. 

• Plus1 1
17 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I know players are recovering from injuries quicker today, but let's not assume that Teddy will automatically come back 100% healthy and effective following his knee injury in October. That's a big frame that he needs to rehab. 

Corcoran appeared to be good on the right side, when we had Teddy on the left.  I'm anticipating Corcoran to take the next step in his development.  He really does have a good upside still.  Nouili seemed pretty decent, but he Benhart and Piper could all get a little better.  The transfer from OSU - hunter, should be helpful, but I thought he missed most of the season.  So he's got room to make a statement too.  Bottom line, these guys have to get stronger (physical and mentally) and I'm hoping Don Raiola will push them and get them therre. And I'm expecting pass protection will be better (technique wise too), because I don't think Greg Austin was helping the line as much as someone else probably could.