Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

11 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Yant is walk-on.  Stepp maybe as he seemed to be injured alot.  Frost said they wanted 6 in the room and I think that's where are now with jackson.

I realize about Yant. I think they just want a better big back & Yant hasn’t been it. The JUCO RB is still visiting. That would be another guy after taking Jackson. Somebody is gonna be shown the door or leaving 

7 hours ago, Decked said:

I realize about Yant. I think they just want a better big back & Yant hasn’t been it. The JUCO RB is still visiting. That would be another guy after taking Jackson. Somebody is gonna be shown the door or leaving 

There is no doubt that either Stepp or Yant is leaving. Maybe both idk 

2 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

There is no doubt that either Stepp or Yant is leaving. Maybe both idk 

Yant needs to get his s#!t in gear. Time to stop being lazy. He needs to get coached up & bust his a$$ this off-season to get in shape. Stepp is just hurt & very slow. Nagging injuries I would guess. 

• Plus1 2

LJS scholarship chart shows 90. But that includes Cerni, and guys who went on one-year scholarships last year like Yant, Jackson, Martin and Leiwer. There's no guarantee they get that renewed next fall. If these guys are down on the depth chart I don't see Frost just handing 2022 scholarships over to them again.

Martin: 10 catches, 170 yards, 1 TD

Liewer: 4 catches, 24 yards

Jackson: 4 tackles (obviously brings intangibles outside of numbers)

Yant: 47 carries, 294 yards, 1 TD

I feel bad for Honas and his injuries, but would he be in a three man rotation when we have Henrich, Reimer and Kolarevic? Clements? Bando? They're seniors that likely won't see the field much either. There's still room for more.

5 minutes ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

LJS scholarship chart shows 90. But that includes Cerni, and guys who went on one-year scholarships last year like Yant, Jackson, Martin and Leiwer. There's no guarantee they get that renewed next fall. If these guys are down on the depth chart I don't see Frost just handing 2022 scholarships over to them again.

Martin: 10 catches, 170 yards, 1 TD

Liewer: 4 catches, 24 yards

Jackson: 4 tackles (obviously brings intangibles outside of numbers)

Yant: 47 carries, 294 yards, 1 TD

I feel bad for Honas and his injuries, but would he be in a three man rotation when we have Henrich, Reimer and Kolarevic? Clements? Bando? They're seniors that likely won't see the field much either. There's still room for more.

Bando did rotate at RT in one of the last games - think it was Iowa. But yeah, I think the walk-ons going on scholarship could be pretty easily be not renewed. They're generally a reward for working into the two-deep, and I don't think Liewer and Martin are there any more.

Martin is super confusing to me - he was one of the few offensive bright spots against Illinois in the opener, and then nothing. I know he was hurt some, but I expected a lot more after that first game. 

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, Decked said:

Yeah, why take the guy that had the best rushing performance of the entire season?

This staff sometimes....

23 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

Yeah, why take the guy that had the best rushing performance of the entire season?

This staff sometimes....

RJ>>Yant ATM

Who knows how that will be next season with a new coach that hopefully knows how to…coach 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

RJ>>Yant ATM

Who knows how that will be next season with a new coach that hopefully knows how to…coach 

I liked what I saw in Yant.  It seems if he missed a block or one time through the wrong hole he missed the next two games.  I don't understand that approach especially with how poor the line played in both assignments and flat out efficacy.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1