Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

His response shows he’s paying attention to this board and or other social stuff. Just a good idea to avoid the gossipy things.  Rumors can be very wrong and hurtful sometimes.  Wild speculation is just that.  
Unfortunately it is what the system is when the those directly in the know are unable or unwilling to comment.  Unnamed sources are sometimes legit, of course, but are unnamed for a reason(s).   But more often, are agenda driven and intend their leaks for ulterior / negative purposes. 

It appears he wants N and is planning to be a Husker.  He suggests strongly he’s ready, willing and able.  GBR!  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3

I liked what I saw of Smothers against Iowa.  Granted you could say "limited playbook", no film for Iowa etc...but he (IMHO) had little to no developmental coaching or attention.  So with another perceived QB guru, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. It might be revisionist history, but its been a long time since we had a QB make it through a complete season.  These stats show why that might have been, at least the past few years.  We were really bad at pass blocking (tackles) so hopefully that improves.  

Pass blocking we were 126 out of 130 FBS teams

282 out of 295 Division I teams (unsure how they got 295 teams as FBS/FCS is 258)

Further proof it all starts up front.  Better OL play, more wins.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/nebraska-position-review-offensive-line

• Plus1 1

The thing with Purdy is that according to reports, he understands that he is the guy of the future. That doesn’t mean that he won’t come in and bust his a$$ for the starting job, but if he is number 2-3, will stick around. Smothers would be on his 3rd year on campus and if he isn’t number 1, not sure I see him thinking it is ok to sit behind Thompson for 2 more years. That would be year 5. I think the staff believes this and is building depth, thinking that Smothers bails if not number 1. I am not saying that he won’t be the starter, but if not, he is leaving, which is why they need Purdy.

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's like you already have a pretty girlfriend, but then you see another pretty girl and you want her too.... then you hook up with the second girl and the original one leaves you, but then down the line you realize that the original was the better of the two. That's my concern.

If having 5 women in your phone that think they are your girlfriend is wrong then I don’t wanna be right. 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's like you already have a pretty girlfriend, but then you see another pretty girl and you want her too.... then you hook up with the second girl and the original one leaves you, but then down the line you realize that the original was the better of the two. That's my concern.

That is a correct way to explain it. I am not sure if Purdy is better than Smothers???? But, if they don’t get him, they may end up with neither, if Smothers bails if he isn’t starter. I think they are covering bases, which is NOT what they did when they went after Luke. Lesson learned. In today’s world, you better plan on kids taking off rather than sitting around

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1