Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Thompson was brought in to be the QB of a certain system.  Purdy is being recruited to do the same. Smothers doesn't fit the same profiles as those 2, in that he seems more of a run-first QB. 

Casey was the biggest get of the off season, for next year.  Having Purdy and Smothers is just gravy.  :)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's like you already have a pretty girlfriend, but then you see another pretty girl and you want her too.... then you hook up with the second girl and the original one leaves you, but then down the line you realize that the original was the better of the two. That's my concern.

Or what if both your girlfriends meet and turn out to be lesbians who dump you and leave you with a walkon girlfriend who throws really bad passes? I'm no chess grand master, but I think something like that analogy might have happened. Just a second......I'm not sure....

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Or what if both your girlfriends meet and turn out to be lesbians who dump you and leave you with a walkon girlfriend who throws really bad passes? I'm no chess grand master, but I think something like that analogy might have happened. Just a second......I'm not sure....

Develop that walk on... She will be loyal.  Nothing better than a well trained, and loyal, girlfriend.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Insert Randy Marsh 

“Niceee” here 

• Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Decked said:

Nice seeing some more competition in the room. Hopefully somebody makes it out healthy & reliable this year. Still need to get more OL. 

Anxious to see what a proven RB coach can do.  On paper, upgrades all around ref staff (Raiola a ?) so I hope to see us play better even if it doesn't translate to wins immediately.  I think it's got to increase wins, but I want to be cautious in my enthusiasm.  

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I hear you with Smothers, but isn't the kid we just offered from Wichita a dual threat as is Purdy.  I am hoping we see a system that builds on the best of Whip and Frost brings.  But the continually throwing square pegs at round holes gets old for sure.

I think the recruitment of McCaffrey and Smothers were athletes first, and QB's second. I could be wrong, but to me, Purdy and the kid from Wichita are QB's first, while also being athletic enough to be considered "dual threat".

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the recruitment of McCaffrey and Smothers were athletes first, and QB's second. I could be wrong, but to me, Purdy and the kid from Wichita are QB's first, while also being athletic enough to be considered "dual threat".

that is true but you need to add Adrien Martinez to this group.  all three are great athlete's first QB second.  

• Plus1 1