Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

43 minutes ago, San Diego Husker said:

issue with NU is that we have talented youth, we're sending freshman to redshirt sophomores up against 6th year seniors!   I'm thinking we need to get some juniors/Seniors that have lots of game experience to work the line.  the freshman to sophomores will be really good in 2-3 years when they are seniors.  Unfortunately, these coaches may not be around to see that... 

I think that the staff will stick around.  I think, barring an epic meltdown, he’s bought himself a few more years with these hires.  

• Fire 1

28 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I think that the staff will stick around.  I think, barring an epic meltdown, he’s bought himself a few more years with these hires.  

I'm not sure it will take an epic meltdown.  I personally believe that Frost has to make a bowl game next year to coach in 2023.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, San Diego Husker said:

issue with NU is that we have talented youth, we're sending freshman to redshirt sophomores up against 6th year seniors!   I'm thinking we need to get some juniors/Seniors that have lots of game experience to work the line.  the freshman to sophomores will be really good in 2-3 years when they are seniors.  Unfortunately, these coaches may not be around to see that... 

how many 6th year seniors on defensive lines did we face this last year? 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I'm not sure it will take an epic meltdown.  I personally believe that Frost has to make a bowl game next year to coach in 2023.  

More of the same won’t do imo.  By year 5, Frost has used his mulligans up.  Time to shine.  A hundred scholarships plus a bunch of walkons.  No more excuses apply.  This is 100% Frost’s team.  Meaningful progress.  A rated (top 25) team by year end seems a reasonable minimum.  Schedule is as easy as it will ever be.  Roster churn and youth are not acceptable excuses by year 5.  That is likely where a majority of Husker fans and boosters and even team members will be vis a vis Frost. 

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

I am willing to put a lot of money on the opposite. How do you convince Chubba to come here over Oklahoma for a one and done situation.  The conversation was had and there was assurances that he will have more time…. That’s my thoughts. 

I personally hope this team turns the corner and starts winning games consistently so Frost can be here for the foreseeable future. But let's be honest, if 2022 is ANOTHER losing record, especially with the easier schedule and the lower buyout amount, how do you justify keeping Frost again? Trev isn't releasing the details of the benchmarks he has agreed to with Frost, so only time will tell, but hopefully we don't have to worry about all that.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I personally hope this team turns the corner and starts winning games consistently so Frost can be here for the foreseeable future. But let's be honest, if 2022 is ANOTHER losing record, especially with the easier schedule and the lower buyout amount, how do you justify keeping Frost again? Trev isn't releasing the details of the benchmarks he has agreed to with Frost, so only time will tell, but hopefully we don't have to worry about all that.

It really has to be a bottom bar of bowl game. 

14 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It really has to be a bottom bar of bowl game. 

I truly believe the SF has two years. His hires need at least two years to teach and implement. Trev is smart and understands this. Nevertheless, if there’s a repeat of 3 to 4 wins, There will be a lot of outside pressure to pull the trigger, rightfully so. I also agree that a bowl game should be the lowest bar, and I am a SF supporter.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, HANC said:

I truly believe the SF has two years. His hires need at least two years to teach and implement. Trev is smart and understands this. Nevertheless, if there’s a repeat of 3 to 4 wins, There will be a lot of outside pressure to pull the trigger, rightfully so. I also agree that a bowl game should be the lowest bar, and I am a SF supporter.

I agree with the bolded.  However, that's not going to be set in stone.  If there isn't measurable improvement at some level in the win column, it becomes pretty hard to keep him for 2023.  He doesn't need to win a championship this year.  But, there needs to be evidence that we are headed in that direction.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I agree with the bolded.  However, that's not going to be set in stone.  If there isn't measurable improvement at some level in the win column, it becomes pretty hard to keep him for 2023.  He doesn't need to win a championship this year.  But, there needs to be evidence that we are headed in that direction.

It’s a moving target.  I think he has bought some grace but not a pardon. It’s gotta be improvement but that bars so low that it’s hard to explain. I think the way they look on the field changes that bar as well. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I agree...I think he bought himself at least two more years.Opposing coaches recruiting against us are throwing out the narrative that this is a make or break year for Frost...I dont think that is the case.

1 hour ago, HANC said:

with even below average improvement we are a bowl team.