Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

15 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yea. But had we improved even slightly this year, would we be able to stake claim as best 3 win team EVER?  I mean, what would you rather have, a 4th win or an immortal place in history?!

I'd prefer having a winning season...which I currently cannot believe how far my expectations for our program have fallen. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd prefer having a winning season...which I currently cannot believe how far my expectations for our program have fallen. 

Your expectations haven't fallen.  You just know that first we need to get to winning seasons before we can think about reaching for championships.

You still expect the program to ultimately get to winning championships.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just a reminder that players transferring (especially QBs) is just part of the game now and by itself, isn't an indictment on the staff.  It's just college football today.

A walkon leads them to a natty but only after running off Fields and two 5*s not panning out (Daniels has time to make a name yet). So strange. Is that development or lack thereof? Is that bad scouting? Problems I wish we had. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

A walkon leads them to a natty but only after running off Fields and two 5*s not panning out (Daniels has time to make a name yet). So strange. Is that development or lack thereof? Is that bad scouting? Problems I wish we had. 

Just a crazy set of circumstances.  Guessing there will be a movie about it some day.

43 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Your expectations haven't fallen.  You just know that first we need to get to winning seasons before we can think about reaching for championships.

You still expect the program to ultimately get to winning championships.

It is just so damn frustrating. We made staff changes...changes that should have occurred a couple years ago. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yep...but we didn't.  So, here we are.  I guess fans can dwell on being pissed about the past or look forward to the future.

I dont disagree, just harder to "get excited" so to speak. Staff changes and a hopeful recruiting boost with having Joseph and Busch on staff will help as I feel like we upgraded with every hire Frost made this offseason with the one unknown being OL. Joseph and Busch can get us back to top 25 classes. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

the Alberts/Frost love fest still bothers me. appears there may be a chance for a winning record this next season.

just enough for us to watch this bunch tread water for a couple years, ugh.

if Wipple is that good we don't need Frost.  Still short the jimmy's and jo's.

WTF??? If the OC is good, you don't need the HC.

Got it.  :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

I believe you've just offered irrefutable proof that recruiting stars don't matter.  

36 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

the Alberts/Frost love fest still bothers me. appears there may be a chance for a winning record this next season.

just enough for us to watch this bunch tread water for a couple years, ugh.

if Wipple is that good we don't need Frost.  Still short the jimmy's and jo's.

This is just a point of view I can't resonate with.

18 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

confused-meme.jpg

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is just so damn frustrating. We made staff changes...changes that should have occurred a couple years ago. 

Suppose we won six games this previous season. And few if any changes were made.

Now be honest. Are we fortunate having only won three with the changes that have been made?