Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 hour ago, Savage Husker said:

A walkon leads them to a natty but only after running off Fields and two 5*s not panning out (Daniels has time to make a name yet). So strange. Is that development or lack thereof? Is that bad scouting? Problems I wish we had. 

eason was injured and replaced by fromm who stayed the starter even after eason had recovered. transferred to washington after the 2017 season. he's also a backup in the nfl. fields backed up fromm his only year at georgia. daniels was injured and replaced by bennett. wouldnt say it was lack of development, just more options. bennett also left after his first year at georgia. that year he was a walkon but after a year at another school georgia brought him back on scholarship.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Suppose we won six games this previous season. And few if any changes were made.

Now be honest. Are we fortunate having only won three with the changes that have been made?

No because changes should have been made after the prior season. Winning 6 would also have shown that we improved and the coaches that let go would have improved. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

No because changes should have been made after the prior season. Winning 6 would also have shown that we improved and the coaches that let go would have improved. 

I'm seeing it differently. There are always positives and negatives to every situation. In a way, we're fortunate that things worked out the way that they did. Having said that, I'm in agreement with you...Changes have been past due. Should've occurred prior to now after the prior season. Of coarse, we'll never know  what those changes might've been or if they would've been enough. 

Are we going to get a transfer or two from here on out on the offensive side of the ball? We certainly could use some additions.  

41 minutes ago, M.A. said:

Suppose we won six games this previous season. And few if any changes were made.

Now be honest. Are we fortunate having only won three with the changes that have been made?

25 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

IMO, there is no determining if or how much we improved if the discussion is predicated on a win total of less than 8 games. 3, 4, 6….it doesn’t matter because they’re all pathetic. Going from 3 wins to 6 wins, so what. The only hurdle there is getting bowl eligible which is a big deal but it should also be an expected absolute bare minimum once in ten years occurrence.

That is why I am treating last year as a 6 win year to determine if progress is made next year. 6 wins will not be acceptable progress imo because that was already the bare minimum acceptable for last year. Heck I won’t be happy with 7 in 2022 with the schedule we have. Show some real damn progress or gtfo.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

IMO, there is no determining if or how much we improved if the discussion is predicated on a win total of less than 8 games. 3, 4, 6….it doesn’t matter because they’re all pathetic. Going from 3 wins to 6 wins, so what. The only hurdle there is getting bowl eligible which is a big deal but it should also be an expected absolute bare minimum once in ten years occurrence.

That is why I am treating last year as a 6 win year to determine if progress is made next year. 6 wins will not be acceptable progress imo because that was already the bare minimum acceptable for last year. Heck I won’t be happy with 7 in 2022 with the schedule we have. Show some real damn progress or gtfo.

My expectations must be shot to s#!t because 6 or 7 wins sounds great at this point.

I do get where you're coming from though.

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My expectations must be shot to s#!t because 6 or 7 wins sounds great at this point.

I do get where you're coming from though.

Well there are two types of expectations, what we expect to actually happen and what we feel should happen. I’ve given up trying to guess what will happen so I have no expectations there. But based on the schedule, coaching and player adjustments and what I feel is an unearned bonus year chance for Frost, 8 or 9 is where I feel it needs to be. I’d probably take 7 without getting too s#!tty about things. As I have become accustomed, I’m not necessarily planning on being satisfied.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
55 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

16 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well there are two types of expectations, what we expect to actually happen and what we feel should happen. I’ve given up trying to guess what will happen so I have no expectations there. But based on the schedule, coaching and player adjustments and what I feel is an unearned bonus year chance for Frost, 8 or 9 is where I feel it needs to be. I’d probably take 7 without getting too s#!tty about things. As I have become accustomed, I’m not necessarily planning on being satisfied.

Appreciation for all that you're saying there. There's a lot of potential different scenarios of coarse.  Anything that's less than seven wins with the upcoming schedule isn't improvement seems reasonable.

Hopefully we get our crap together and make a statement that we are gaining momentum and are in fact moving in the right direction. I'm not going to count any chickens before they hatch this time around. Eggs need to start hatching for sure though!

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I think we are all going to be disappointed if we are basing success on the W-L record.  TBH, I don't think the W-L record ever entered Trev's process.  If it did, Frost would be gone already.  I hate to say it, but here are the following 2022 excuses:

STAFF

New OC

New OL

New RB

New WR

"New" DL

New QB

New Center

New NT

New scheme

etc....

That's a whole lot of reasons to go 4-8/5-7.  And say "wait til next year".

Maybe things click.  I think we have HUGE upgrades in the staff (Joseph, Whip, Applewhite and Busch).  I think we will finally see a developed RB/QB/ST/receivers.  Hoping that gets us at least 6. Gotta show these changes worked.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1