Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

41 minutes ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

As much as I think Austin held a significant part of the blame, I still look at how horribly slow the feet were on all our OT's and have to think that if Duval doesn't find a better measurement of success than "max squat weight", then Raiola is still fvcked.  That whole OL (and their concrete feet) could use a full month of dedicated skipping rope time to try to improve their twitch and agility. Then start slowly rebuilding strength and mass from there. 

Every angle deserves being looked into and addressed. There's more complexity to it than one might think. Hopefully Duval and Raiola can work together to put the best product out on the field that we can making whatever adjustments contribute to the cause. 

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

I don’t believe he was a walk on and I think he was in trouble for having a weapon?  The Oklahoma state guy is a plug n play player. Oklahoma state isn’t a bad program 

He is walking on at Nebraska is what I meant, I was wrong about that.  Hope he and Anthony work out, along with a first year coach in the Big Ten but that is a tall order.

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

It’s easier for them to say we suck. It fits the fire frost narrative more.  

We do suck at the moment dude.  It's not a "narrative" to be suggesting a coach that is 15-29 in 4 years and most recently 3-9 could have reasonably been fired.

1 hour ago, caveman99 said:

Both players have a fair bit of starting experience. Hunter Anthony was the starter at RT for OSU until he got hurt. OSU had recruited pretty well and Hunter wasn’t able to re-win his spot back last season. Who knows what happens if he stays healthy as he lost a year of snaps, and he still got PT as a backup and in heavy sets this past season. He gets a new start with a new coach and another year of strength training, seems like he could be a good add at RT. Williams comes from UNC yes, but he started for a couple years there and had several D1 suitors so his tape must have been pretty good. We just had a WR from FCS who worked out pretty well, it isn’t unheard of that a FCS player coming up and being a good player. We weren’t the only D1 team in on him, we simply won out because NU is his home state school, but I would say that SF and CO weren’t the only ones who see potential in him.

I hear you on the new start, worth a try. Williams inside could be an option, we were soft at RG all year but Nouili did ok at LG. Have to be done shuffling with losing Jurgens.  I will say WR is an easier place to go up a level than O Line but we shall see.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

He is walking on at Nebraska is what I meant, I was wrong about that.  Hope he and Anthony work out, along with a first year coach in the Big Ten but that is a tall order.

We do suck at the moment dude.  It's not a "narrative" to be suggesting a coach that is 15-29 in 4 years and most recently 3-9 could have reasonably been fired.

I hear you on the new start, worth a try. Williams inside could be an option, we were soft at RG all year but Nouili did ok at LG. Have to be done shuffling with losing Jurgens.  I will say WR is an easier place to go up a level than O Line but we shall see.

I understand that everyone’s sick of the “we’re close” excuse but you can’t deny the fact that we are.  We are competing on a high level… we are losing those games… but we are close

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I understand that everyone’s sick of the “we’re close” excuse but you can’t deny the fact that we are.  We are competing on a high level… we are losing those games… but we are close

Some things have improved yes, we are more competitive, but still had the worst record of Frost's 4 years.  Close doesn't count in year 5, I hope we can all agree on that finally, it's simply about wins and losses now.  Time to get it done on the field and win more than we lose.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Some things have improved yes, we are more competitive, but still had the worst record of Frost's 4 years.  Close doesn't count in year 5, I hope we can all agree on that finally, it's simply about wins and losses now.  Time to get it done on the field and win more than we lose.

We also had one of the hardest schedules we’ve seen in years. I know Bo won all those 9 win years…. I also know how they folded under hard competition. This team fought tooth and nail all the way.  All those top 10 teams in a row… it was impressively sad 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

We also had one of the hardest schedules we’ve seen in years. I know Bo won all those 9 win years…. I also know how they folded under hard competition. This team fought tooth and nail all the way.  All those top 10 teams in a row… it was impressively sad 

Which is why with a much easier schedule this year we better see those wins start to pile up. I agree.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Which is why with a much easier schedule this year we better see those wins start to pile up. I agree.

I am curious why everyone thinks the schedule is "so much easier" this year. NU only changes 2 different teams in the Big Ten, and Frost has shown difficulty beating any conference team with any regularity. 

• Plus1 4
8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am curious why everyone thinks the schedule is "so much easier" this year. NU only changes 2 different teams in the Big Ten, and Frost has shown difficulty beating any conference team with any regularity. 

Because we avoid MSU, OSU, and PSU. It doesn't get much easier. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, theknife said:

Because we avoid MSU, OSU, and PSU. It doesn't get much easier. 

Michigan State wasn't all that special in my opinion. NU basically dominated them last year. Yeah, avoiding Ohio State and Penn State is nice, but NU needs to start winning games in their own division before fans can think "the schedule is so much easier".  Basically, NU needs to worry more about ourselves before counting on an "easier schedule" for a much better record. 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Michigan State wasn't all that special in my opinion. NU basically dominated them last year. Yeah, avoiding Ohio State and Penn State is nice, but NU needs to start winning games in their own division before fans can think "the schedule is so much easier".  Basically, NU needs to worry more about ourselves before counting on an "easier schedule" for a much better record. 

Nebraska will likely be favored in 7 of the first 8 games. I see your point, but objectively speaking, a Big 10 schedule doesn't get much easier, besides the brutal close. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Huskinator said:

It’s easier for them to say we suck. It fits the fire frost narrative more.  

It fits the product we've seen on the field the last 4 years, the 15-29 record and the rock bottom OL ratings for 2021.

Having losing seasons 6 out of the last 7 years I'm not going out on a limb much saying NU does suck.

I know some are OK with this. I'm not.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Same.  OOC sure, but the other teams not so much.  Rutgers and Maryland are not gimmes....Where are our 6 wins?

That's why I think Frost in 2023 has nothing to do with our W/L record.

• Plus1 1