Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

Just now, lo country said:

Same.  OOC sure, but the other teams not so much.  Rutgers and Maryland are not gimmes....Where are our 6 wins?

That's why I think Frost in 2023 has nothing to do with our W/L record.

Non-conference is about the same as 2021. 2 home games against patsies, along with a game against Oklahoma (who knows how they will be in 2022), with the OU game now being at home, so I guess that's "easier". 

1 minute ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

It fits the product we've seen on the field the last 4 years, the 15-29 record and the rock bottom OL ratings for 2021.

Having losing seasons 6 out of the last 7 years I'm not going out on a limb much saying NU does suck.

I know some are OK with this. I'm not.

I won't sugar coat it, We suck.  4 losing seasons with each worse than the season before.  So we were close in 2021.  But not where it matters.  In the W/L column.  Frost made needed changes (2 years late IMO), got a good staff put together and has cobbled together a decent class for sure.  Hope this season it clicks and we can go bowling and Frost uses this season to start a long history ending in the greatest coach in NU history.  

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, lo country said:

I won't sugar coat it, We suck.  4 losing seasons with each worse than the season before.  So we were close in 2021.  But not where it matters.  In the W/L column.  Frost made needed changes (2 years late IMO), got a good staff put together and has cobbled together a decent class for sure.  Hope this season it clicks and we can go bowling and Frost uses this season to start a long history ending in the greatest coach in NU history.  

I really worry that like you said Frost made the changes too late, and 2022 will be his last year. He'll go coach somewhere else and end up coaching at the P5 level again after a few years. However he'll take the lessons he learned here and end up being a very good coach somewhere else and Nebraska will be stuck in the same rut it's been the last several years

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, lo country said:

Same.  OOC sure, but the other teams not so much.  Rutgers and Maryland are not gimmes....Where are our 6 wins?

You guys are right in theory. We haven’t shown we can beat Illinois, Purdue, etc…. But realistically, although Rutgers and Maryland aren’t gimmes, they are “easier” and more winnable than OSU, PSU. With OU, Wiscy at home, the schedule is “easier”.

1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

I really worry that like you said Frost made the changes too late, and 2022 will be his last year. He'll go coach somewhere else and end up coaching at the P5 level again after a few years. However he'll take the lessons he learned here and end up being a very good coach somewhere else and Nebraska will be stuck in the same rut it's been the last several years

I felt like that, too, that if Frost doesn’t succeed in 2022, who could N get that would be any better? I figured if Frost can’t do it, no one will. But now with an energetic and fresh face of Mickey Joseph, perhaps you consider him instead of going outside if Frost doesn’t work out. That way Joseph most likely would keep most of the coaches and probably be no more of a risk than hiring someone outside, with the exception of Zac Taylor who most likely remains with Cincinnati. But with that said, it is way too early, and we must see how next season goes and how those new coaches perform. I know it’s way too pre mature, but I thought I bring that up regardless. Finally, I feel optimistic that N will win more than they lose next year, and Frost remains as head coach.  

6 hours ago, Cdn Blackshirt Two said:

As much as I think Austin held a significant part of the blame, I still look at how horribly slow the feet were on all our OT's and have to think that if Duval doesn't find a better measurement of success than "max squat weight", then Raiola is still fvcked.  That whole OL (and their concrete feet) could use a full month of dedicated skipping rope time to try to improve their twitch and agility. Then start slowly rebuilding strength and mass from there. 

Really, most were young and had very little time with the Duval.  Toughness was an issue.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:44 AM, Decked said:

Great pickup. Let’s get some OL now post spring. I’ll feel a lot more confident about that after. 

Yes, we have 5 offensive line positions to man and 1 running back....that's why we've recruited 57 RB's and 2 OL. Plus we hired a questionable Wisconsin affiliated OL coach with limited experience based on his brother's name and the local media is assuring us he's gonna be great.
So, okay then....yes, let's bring in a bunch of disgruntled Alabama linemen just in case.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I am curious why everyone thinks the schedule is "so much easier" this year. NU only changes 2 different teams in the Big Ten, and Frost has shown difficulty beating any conference team with any regularity. 

3 hours ago, lo country said:

You two are having a really hard time telling the difference between easy and easier, I used the second one.  

OU in turmoil, and at home.  Two cupcakes at home still,  then we trade Ohio State for Indiana and Michigan State for Rutgers.  If that's not easier I don't know what you're smoking but how about you share?

We also don't play Maryland @lo country

26 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Yes, we have 5 offensive line positions to man and 1 running back....that's why we've recruited 57 RB's and 2 OL. Plus we hired a questionable Wisconsin affiliated OL coach with limited experience based on his brother's name and the local media is assuring us he's gonna be great.
So, okay then....yes, let's bring in a bunch of disgruntled Alabama linemen just in case.

You really think riola was hired because of his brother?!?!  I hope that’s just sarcasm.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

You two are having a really hard time telling the difference between easy and easier, I used the second one.  

OU in turmoil, and at home.  Two cupcakes at home still,  then we trade Ohio State for Indiana and Michigan State for Rutgers.  If that's not easier I don't know what you're smoking but how about you share?

We also don't play Maryland @lo country

My bad, Indiana.  My comment wasn't aimed at you, but people think it will be easier.  The 2 cupcakes and neither Rutgers or Indiana are gimmes.   We are 0-4 against Iowa and Wiskey.  0-2 against Michigan.  OU will be solid with Venables at the helm.  1-3 against Purdue, 2-2 against Illinois, 2-2 against NW, 1-0 against Indiana and 1-0 against Rutgers.  Unsure if we have beat a team with a winning record since 2018.  I just don't see anything in the pst 4 years that makes me think anything will be easy or easier for NU moving forward next year. 2023?  Absolutely.  Next year, just too many questions.  QB, Center, NT, scheme, cohesiveness of team.  I'm hoping that with ST play and the new O staff we make some improvements where it counts and that's in the win column.  I'm cautiously optimistic.