Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

On 1/23/2022 at 7:21 PM, Huskinator said:

You really think riola was hired because of his brother?!?!  I hope that’s just sarcasm.

He’s the biggest question mark of all the changes. He was hired because of his name with limited experience and no proof of having done anything special besides being named Raiola.

He has the most to prove and no local sports propaganda will change that.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

He’s the biggest question mark of all the changes. He was hired because of his name with limited experience and no proof of having done anything special besides being named Raiola.

Grad assistant coach for ND, small school job and also an assistant ol coach foe the bears.  I mean this is a great background for an assistant coach!  Add that to the fire he shows?!?  That and his career?!?   Being a good player does convert to being a good coach at times too!  Look at Byron Leftwhitch 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Grad assistant coach for ND, small school job and also an assistant ol coach foe the bears.  I mean this is a great background for an assistant coach!  Add that to the fire he shows?!?  That and his career?!?   Being a good player does convert to being a good coach at times too!  Look at Byron Leftwhitch 

That’s great! Hope he turns out to be the best coach we ever had. I would’ve rather had a proven guy to fix the disaster that is our line. We’ve had these “He’s one of ours” coaches not work out many times.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

That’s great! Hope he turns out to be the best coach we ever had. I would’ve rather had a proven guy to fix the disaster that is our line. We’ve had these “He’s one of ours” coaches not work out many times.

Cotton, cav and Austin were all proven and for the better part of a decade I feel the oline has under performed.  I am excited about the fire he will bring. Hoping that’s enough.  Who knows. Fingers crossed 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

Cotton, cav and Austin were all proven and for the better part of a decade I feel the oline has under performed.  I am excited about the fire he will bring. Hoping that’s enough.  Who knows. Fingers crossed 

So much of a coaches performance really boils down to the athletes he brings in and the energy he can create.  I'm also very optimistic about him.  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

What a load of BS.  He wasn't just hired because of his name.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Perhaps he's a good coach? Someone who showed good things in his interview? Frost needs to win now, not hope for an in on a 2024 recruit that could start four years from now.

Frost interviewed other guys and liked him the best. I sure hope he didnt do it for a QB recruit that wouldnt be on campus until what? 2025. 

3 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Wait, how is he considered one of ours?  Is it his practice squad stint with the Omaha Nighthawks that gives us the right to claim him?

• Thanks 1
Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Wait, how is he considered one of ours?  Is it his practice squad stint with the Omaha Nighthawks that gives us the right to claim him?

He played at Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez was the AD during that time so anyone who was at Wisconsin during the time of Alvarez is basically our distant cousin, thus one of ours. 

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He played at Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez was the AD during that time so anyone who was at Wisconsin during the time of Alvarez is basically our distant cousin, thus one of ours. 

Wisconsin was largely modeled after us. When they succeed, I consider it a complement. We need to get back to playing more disciplined ball like we were known for as they typically do. 

• Plus1 1