Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Recruiting that talent, yes.

But it still requires some luck and things out of the coaches control. I would say quite a bit of luck was involved in that particular quarterback going to Pitt. TBH, I don’t know if Whipple recruited him or not. Guessing he didn’t?

I think coach Whipple coached Pickett for 3 yrs.  

Check out this article:   https://www.theprogressnews.com/heisman-notebook-kenny-pickett-on-mark-whipple-dan-marino-and-more/article_369397f3-1898-55bb-a4d1-969ebc916cc7.html

Not saying it will happen at Neb (hope so) but Coach Whipple gets a lot of credit for Pickett's success, from Pickett.  

Anyone who thinks Frost shouldn't run the offense is nuts.

Whipple's job here is here to recruit and develop  top level QB's. Whipple can offer  valuable insight and probably be very helpful when it comes to the redzone troubles and helping to cover up weakness. Whipple is replacing both Lubick and Verduzco and is a MASSIVE upgrade over both. In recruiting, development, game planning and as Frost's eyes in the booth. MASSIVE upgrade.

Anyone who thinks that's a bad thing is also nuts.

But Joseph is as big a reason the offense will improve as anyone. We are going to get significantly better wr production, and the most noticeable area won't be in the receptions but as blockers in the screen and option game.

Just as long as the D line doesn't kill them. Barrett Ruud better be worth it.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, CFHusker said:

I think coach Whipple coached Pickett for 3 yrs.  

Check out this article:   https://www.theprogressnews.com/heisman-notebook-kenny-pickett-on-mark-whipple-dan-marino-and-more/article_369397f3-1898-55bb-a4d1-969ebc916cc7.html

Not saying it will happen at Neb (hope so) but Coach Whipple gets a lot of credit for Pickett's success, from Pickett.  

I didn’t mean to take anything away from Whipple.  He obviously had a huge influence on Pickett’s success. But there is an element of luck whenever a player with that much talent ends up on any coaches team and that level of success can’t be expected from every player he coaches. 

• Plus1 1

Husker said to still be in the market for an offensive lineman, a defensive lineman and an edge rusher.

Probably not much movement now until they see who else is in the Portal after spring ball.

Mathis from TCU still in the Portal as he plans to graduate this spring.  Huskers still after him but so are a lot of others.

• Fire 1