Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

13 hours ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Not really. Our Dline is the biggest issue the team has and is going to be the difference in 2-3 wins or losses this season. And the division isn't exactly overwhelming but what most teams do have? A pretty good QB. We need a better pass rush and are going to need more bodies that can play period in order to even have a shot at a winning season. The difference between a winning season and a Division title is paper thin.

I hope you're right. We're all tired of losing, and it doesn't make much sense to not have hope at this point in the season. But, I think saying we'll be in the conversation for winning the conference next season is a bit delusional. Saying that we'll be in the conversation to win the division is optimistic but not unreasonable. But I wouldn't consider this team, even if it was in the conference championship game, as really in the conversation to win the conference. Now, if this fall, the team plays much better than I've seen over the last five seasons then I'll change my stance on this, but we just seem to be so far behind OSU, Mich or even PSU to say we're a viable option to win the B1G.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

No optimism allowed here, folks. Negative opinions only. Nevermind that last year's team was a statistical anomaly in every way mostly due to horrendous special teams that sabotaged the team. If you express positivity, you will be chastised.

LOL I just don't understand why you'd even bother watching if this is how you feel. For example, I've lost all hope with the basketball team until proven otherwise, so I tune in to games for a short time, see that they're sucking it up, and then go do something else

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

No optimism allowed here, folks. Negative opinions only. Nevermind that last year's team was a statistical anomaly in every way mostly due to horrendous special teams that sabotaged the team. If you express positivity, you will be chastised.

When your team has had losing seasons 6 of the last 7 years (the only winning season under a coach everybody hates) with a combined record of 34-48, hasn't been to a bowl since 2016, turned down the opportunity to play in bowl in 2020, is coming off a the worst year in Husker Football history since the Bill Jennings era 60 years ago and has been overall poorly coached under the current regime it is hard for most people to be very optimistic. A lot of people are at the point where they take the yearly hype with a very large grain of salt and want to see some results on the field.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

When your team has had losing seasons 6 of the last 7 years (the only winning season under a coach everybody hates) with a combined record of 34-48, hasn't been to a bowl since 2016, turned down the opportunity to play in bowl in 2020, is coming off a the worst year in Husker Football history since the Bill Jennings era 60 years ago and has been overall poorly coached under the current regime it is hard for most people to be very optimistic. A lot of people are at the point where they take the yearly hype with a very large grain of salt and want to see some results on the field.

I'd say most are past the grain of salt and are actually taking it with an entire salt mine at this point. I'm talking the amount of salt in the dead sea level of salt. 

• Plus1 1
On 2/25/2022 at 8:04 AM, default_28 said:

I hope you're right. We're all tired of losing, and it doesn't make much sense to not have hope at this point in the season. But, I think saying we'll be in the conversation for winning the conference next season is a bit delusional. Saying that we'll be in the conversation to win the division is optimistic but not unreasonable. But I wouldn't consider this team, even if it was in the conference championship game, as really in the conversation to win the conference. Now, if this fall, the team plays much better than I've seen over the last five seasons then I'll change my stance on this, but we just seem to be so far behind OSU, Mich or even PSU to say we're a viable option to win the B1G.

As a husker fan I'm confused what's a pass rush?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 1 month later...

3 hours ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Desmond Demas from Texas A&M is another very athletic WR we offered out of high school that would be a good fit in this offense if we were looking for another weapon on the outside with Betts likely out. 

Is Demas transferring? Wasn't he just arrested?  Kid was a great talent letting to many people guide him in different direction's.  

5 hours ago, GretnaHusker14 said:

Desmond Demas from Texas A&M is another very athletic WR we offered out of high school that would be a good fit in this offense if we were looking for another weapon on the outside with Betts likely out. 

Pass on character concerns 

• Plus1 1