Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, Farms said:

I just wonder how it's going to work when they spend all this money on these recruits and they never play a down for the program.  I know boosters are willing to throw around some stupid money but you'd think at some point they're going to want to guarantee at least some return on their investment. 

I've wondered the same thing. Because I think we all know that no matter how great you class looks on paper there are going to be a significant number of players the either don't live up to expectations and move on like  or wash out completely.

3 hours ago, Farms said:

I just wonder how it's going to work when they spend all this money on these recruits and they never play a down for the program.  I know boosters are willing to throw around some stupid money but you'd think at some point they're going to want to guarantee at least some return on their investment. 

Dont worry. The American political system is set up so they wont fail.   I'm sure it is just a write off on their taxes. 

14 hours ago, Farms said:

Another question, if said players do not live up to the donors 'expectations' do they pull the money from them? What could possibly go wrong???

Crazy times we are in right now!

This transfer portal is quickly becoming a mess. This may need to be revisited. All these kids just up and leaving. I wonder how many, out of all the kids in the portal land at a good spot. 

Im having trouble understanding the motivation behind it all. For example, JT Daniels. Kid was at SC, won a natty with Georgia. Now he is transferring again. Maybe I am too ild to figure it out. 

GBR!

1 minute ago, mwj98 said:

This transfer portal is quickly becoming a mess. This may need to be revisited. All these kids just up and leaving. I wonder how many, out of all the kids in the portal land at a good spot. 

Im having trouble understanding the motivation behind it all. For example, JT Daniels. Kid was at SC, won a natty with Georgia. Now he is transferring again. Maybe I am too ild to figure it out. 

GBR!

I think is about "freedom" coupled with "responsibility".  It seems to take time for honor and respect to follow through or with the new responsibility/opportunities granted to the young mind.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Another question, if said players do not live up to the donors 'expectations' do they pull the money from them? What could possibly go wrong???

Crazy times we are in right now!

I would imagine they're on 4 year contracts and the amount they get is based on their performance. They're not just handing 30 million dollars to kids that haven't played a down of college football.

11 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

what in the actual f#&% is "letters and sciences"?

Natural and social sciences and humanities. Some schools use it as a default catch-all bucket for undecided majors.