Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

8 hours ago, I am I said:

Tackles are the most well paid OL in the NFL for a reason. They are hard to come by.
If wethinks there is some stud in the portal sitting there ready to come in and hail us to pipeline prominence we are sadly mistaken. The best and/or ready OL players are already on their team and are ready to play for that team now. There is no one we could magically pluck from the portal that might fix our problem. Get over it. 

everyone jizzes over a QB, WR, RB, passrusher transfer. But I don’t see a lot of buzz over 4/5 star OL transfers anywhere in the nation,  because they are rare or don’t exist.  

The OL needs to be grown in house. We have what we have. I hope we are healthy and have growth by fall because that could be good enough to win us some games.

No OL is coming in to save us. We got our new QB transfer, WR transfer, Vok was a transfer, juco RB transfer,…there are no OL transfer guys who are plug n play. We have what we have. 

I really really hope no one is jizzing over these young men lol

9 hours ago, I am I said:

Tackles are the most well paid OL in the NFL for a reason. They are hard to come by.
If wethinks there is some stud in the portal sitting there ready to come in and hail us to pipeline prominence we are sadly mistaken. The best and/or ready OL players are already on their team and are ready to play for that team now. There is no one we could magically pluck from the portal that might fix our problem. Get over it. 

everyone jizzes over a QB, WR, RB, passrusher transfer. But I don’t see a lot of buzz over 4/5 star OL transfers anywhere in the nation,  because they are rare or don’t exist.  

The OL needs to be grown in house. We have what we have. I hope we are healthy and have growth by fall because that could be good enough to win us some games.

No OL is coming in to save us. We got our new QB transfer, WR transfer, Vok was a transfer, juco RB transfer,…there are no OL transfer guys who are plug n play. We have what we have. 

Alabama just got this guy as a transfer yesterday ... Vanderbilt OL Tyler Steen.  So, there are improvement options ... we just don't win those or see those.  This guy has to beat out 4-5* OL already on the team and is expected to do so.

We don't need guys like this ... we are set.  :-)  I'm with you, OL need to be grown in house.  Unfortunately, we are just now seeing that our "greenhouse" was not set up for success enough to develop the talent we believed was good enough.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, I am I said:

Well let’s go get those top OL targets that are just sitting in the magical portal! I mean, we NEED 3 top lineman, they must be there ready to come to Nebraska…go pick them up! Alabama did 

Interior of the OL is in good shape. The two starters at OT probably weren't on the field during the Spring Game, but adding one more OT for depth could be helpful. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Agree, but Sam said on the OWH pod this week that he "recently" talked to Jackson and Jackson told him he was still coming this summer.

Consider me still doubtful. Maybe as a walk-on. I don’t think he is better than Yant, Johnson, & Grant