Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Former 4 star DL who played sparingly at Florida visiting Nebraska.  Appeared in 2 games for Florida total recording 1 tackle in his career there.

He was at FL for 2 years, so still 3 years to play.  Went to HS is CT, so assuming some connection to Dawson or Whipple.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

There is a set framework that all teams need to work within and it actually makes for interesting/fun off seasons.

It's actually the part of pro sports I don't enjoy.  But, like you said, at least there are parameters that teams have to abide by and everyone is working within the same system.

6 minutes ago, Farms said:

It would not surprise me to see them try and add 4 or more bodies on the DL.  Besides maybe an OL, we seem pretty set and have at least decent depth at most other positions.  

If we are going to add at least 5 more scholarship players, even more players need to leave, which may affect the depth at those other positions.

Likely places to see some guys move on. 

QB- Smothers seems most logical but has given no indication that he doesn't plan to stay and battle it out.

RB- Somebody has to go but besides Stepp they all seem to be right in the mix.  Even he may just want to play out his career at this point.

WR- Grimes, Hardy III, Neville

OL- Lynn, Maybe Alex Conn I know he's young but I've never heard him mentioned at all

DL- Need guys for bodies at this point until you get replacements but seems like we have at least a couple that will never contribute.

LB- Malcom maybe but also really young

CB- I thought Lynum was mentioned as coming along last year but seems to be lost in the shuffle now.

S- Pola- Gates

So still a lot of possibilities. 

• Plus1 1

A decision from TCU's Ochaun Mathis: All eyes will be on social media this upcoming Saturday, when TCU transfer portal defensive end target Ochaun Mathis will announce his decision between Nebraska and Texas.

Mathis was in Austin this weekend for UT’s spring game. His former head coach at TCU, Gary Patterson, is now part of the Longhorn coaching staff.

With that said, the Huskers still feel very good with where they stand today, per multiple sources I spoke with over the weekend. But there's a long time between now and Saturday.

A probable decision for Texas Tech's Devin Drew: Besides Mathis, the other major transfer portal target the Big Red is courting is Texas Tech interior defensive lineman Devin Drew.

The Kansas City native and former Iowa Western C.C. product was in Lincoln this weekend. He's also visited Illinois and is reportedly considering TCU and Indiana, according to a source with knowledge of his recruitment.

Drew would be a home-run transfer portal addition with the experience and durability he brings, along with the need he would fill. You have to think a decision could come this week. If it does, I like the Huskers' chances right now.