Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

2 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Fine start. Need 2-3 more to really feel better about having options and depth as the season wears on. I’d like for us to take a look at Justin Moore in the portal- 6’3 270 former 3* DE transferring out of UConn:

Decent twitchiness and had a solid HS profile (Offers from Houston, Texas Tech, Tulane, UConn)- All State in Texas and played for Mike Singletary in high school. Good frame who I think could develop into a nice player. Plus the 3 years of eligibility is nice. 

Yeah, hell no. Absolute pass. Did nothing at a terrible university. 

• Plus1 3

It would be really great to add Mathis, but our need for interior DL guys became pretty pressing so if I had to choose Mathis or a couple interior guys who can hold up against the run game, I'd take the latter.

I also realize the coaches are trying to bolster the numbers at DE/OLB since there's only 4 on the roster, but Mathis doesn't really solve that long term either since he'd be a 1 year guy I'm assuming. And you'd have to wonder if Gunnerson or Butler take the Mathis signing as a slight and think about leaving as well. Hopefully not, but who knows...

50 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I most certainly do not have inside information on this but am hopeful that we’ve made a very strong offer to Mathis and that whether he signs or not its a sign of our commitment going forwards. Cautiously optimistic for some reason here even with the recent Texas visits. 

Mathis is going to Texas. Book it. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Decked said:

Mathis is going to Texas. Book it. 

No, he's not.

Pretty sure nobody who plays football for TCU would leave for Texas.  It's a huge rivalry.  You would have to be completely devoted to money to pull that trigger, with no respect to your TCU fam. No matter how you put it on a tweet. 

I think he's N.  If not, well there you go.  

8 hours ago, admo said:

No, he's not.

Pretty sure nobody who plays football for TCU would leave for Texas.  It's a huge rivalry.  You would have to be completely devoted to money to pull that trigger, with no respect to your TCU fam. No matter how you put it on a tweet. 

I think he's N.  If not, well there you go.  

There is a 99% chance you are wrong but alright. FYI tell that to Gary Patterson who is recruiting him now to Texas. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2