Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

5 hours ago, Decked said:

That helps. 

Are you pooing yet, or no?

4 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I don't know enough in-depth about all that, it's more of a curious question for me. I've heard Damon Benning talk a few times about our tackles playing too tall, and also kind of talking about how he likes shorter D Linemen because they can get under the pads of the OL and create more leverage.

But my general read has been that since Frost got here, there have consistently been OL recruits that people have been very excited about, but their play didn't live up to expectations, which mainly points to coaching and development.

The OL has played too tall often. Pad level is key on the line. The famous quote is "the low man wins". It's purely physics, the lower you can be the more leverage you maintain over your opponent. Some guys also had a bad habit of stopping their feet, which will get you ran the eff over!

Shorter DL maybe ok on the interior, but on the edges you need a guy with length, especially in this day of freakishly tall offensive tackles. You want guys with longer arms to prevent the OL from getting inside. As soon as the OL closes inside the defenders arms it's over, and he can maintain control of their pads/body. It's way easier to hold and control a guy when you're inside and grab the shoulder pads by the armpit. You can twist and turn him any way by you want, or stop his rush by driving the pads up into his neck. A d!(k move which can get you flagged for holding on occasion, but it works.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Comish said:

Fair to say an even swap for an oft- injured, Casey Rogers?

Production wise, Drew has better stats. Body wise Casey is 6'4 300 vs. Drew at 6'2 280. Drew has been more durable though, so assuming he stays healthy, I think it's equal if not greater. 

3 minutes ago, Comish said:

Fair to say an even swap for an oft- injured, Casey Rogers?

Yep. 

Just now, theknife said:

Production wise, Drew has better stats. Body wise Casey is 6'4 300 vs. Drew at 6'2 280. Drew has been more durable though, so assuming he stays healthy, I think it's equal if not greater. 

Durable & able to stop the run. Played more snaps than Ben Stille did last year. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

10 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we can somehow land Lole I'll be extremely excited. Also heard there's a Texas WR (Washington) in the portal that we're targeting? I might have missed it earlier in the thread.

Haven’t heard we are targeting him but yes. Lole is a big fish.