Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I don't see why people see it this way. JoJo and Kolaravic are the same height, weight, and athleticism. You think Gifford is faster than Kolaravic? 

For reference JoJo ran a 4.63 at the combine. 

JoJo was also one of the most heady college slot zone defenders I've ever seen and Kolaravic routinely got abused last year while covering running backs and tight ends over the middle of the field. Without him having some massive improvement this offseason I think him playing nickel would be a big liability.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, J-MAGIC said:

JoJo was also one of the most heady college slot zone defenders I've ever seen and Kolaravic routinely got abused last year while covering running backs and tight ends over the middle of the field. Without him having some massive improvement this offseason I think him playing nickel would be a big liability.

JoJo was a DUDE.  His success on the field will be hard if not impossible in the first year without him.  IIRC, they created a position specifically for JoJo.  Much like Bo with Haag IIRC.  

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've read this sentence about 10 times and......you gotta help me out here.  What are you saying?

Sh!t.  Typing from iPad on that one.  Should have been "His success on the field will be hard if not impossible TO REPLACE in the first year without him.

Dude is irreplaceable.  :D

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 5/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, lo country said:

JoJo was a DUDE.  His success on the field will be hard if not impossible in the first year without him.  IIRC, they created a position specifically for JoJo.  Much like Bo with Haag IIRC.  

JoJo was IMO significantly better last season than the season before, so I agree, his play will be hard to replace, but his versatility is going to be perhaps even more challenging to replace.  

Nobody else currently in that role is going to play nickel and seamlessly slide up to 3-4 OLB versus a power or jumbo formation.  

And, is that even part of the defense currently?  That role may slide into a true 4-3 Will now, I don't think we'll know till we see it.  Even still, outside of Kolarevic, I don't see any of these guys holding up in the box whether at Will or on the edge.  

I would still like to see somebody with corner skills like a Buford at Nickel on true passing situations, but they seem determined to make it an every down role and I didn't particularly even love seeing JoJo caught in man vs a post or seam from time to time.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 5/9/2022 at 6:13 PM, J-MAGIC said:

It was painful watching Kolaravic last year.  

• Plus1 3