Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

17 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah he was.  I know Reimer and Henrich racked up a ton of tackles last year but honestly I thought they struggled at times especially in coverage as well.

Reimer missed a few too many tackles at times. He’s very aggressive. Henrich got exposed a ton in coverage. 

Kolarevic is not a power five linebacker 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I saw on social media we didn't finish in the Top 10 of the 247 portal transfer rankings and a lot of Husker fans are upset? 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-transfer-portal-team-rankings-USC-Ole-Miss-lead-2022-cycle-after-deadline-to-enter-187380830/#187380830_1

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

Still plenty of time to land some more

Wynn is currently on a visit to G Tech and one of their writers put in a crystal ball to GT...just need to make sure he visits here. Outside of proximity we should be able to beat them. 

It sounds like we are more interested in him than Kaine Williams currently because of roster spots. Omar Brown is also having back issues and may not be a full go this year. Slated to play CB. 

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I saw on social media we didn't finish in the Top 10 of the 247 portal transfer rankings and a lot of Husker fans are upset? 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

What's more worrisome to me is the quality of the guys. We took a lot of guys, which got us up on the ranking, but most of them aren't exactly stars. Look at that average rating column - there's only one other team in the top 25 that's that low.

• Plus1 3

38 minutes ago, Toe said:

What's more worrisome to me is the quality of the guys. We took a lot of guys, which got us up on the ranking, but most of them aren't exactly stars. Look at that average rating column - there's only one other team in the top 25 that's that low.

We have two special teams guys in Bleekrode & Boomschini. Devin Drew at .82 is a bad rating by 247 sports. Those are three starters. You’re focused on the wrong thing. 

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Wynn is currently on a visit to G Tech and one of their writers put in a crystal ball to GT...just need to make sure he visits here. Outside of proximity we should be able to beat them. 

It sounds like we are more interested in him than Kaine Williams currently because of roster spots. Omar Brown is also having back issues and may not be a full go this year. Slated to play CB. 

We shall see. I feel pretty confident that if both get on campus & we have the room they will be N. Brown being hurt has nothing to do with us recruiting Williams as he is a safety. Williams is also a long term guy to stabilize losses in losing high school guys to the portal for 3 years under this staff. And he’s a good ball player. 

1 hour ago, Decked said:

We shall see. I feel pretty confident that if both get on campus & we have the room they will be N. Brown being hurt has nothing to do with us recruiting Williams as he is a safety. Williams is also a long term guy to stabilize losses in losing high school guys to the portal for 3 years under this staff. And he’s a good ball player. 

Agree on Williams. Apparently Bama wasn't thrilled he's transferring.

1 hour ago, Decked said:

We have two special teams guys in Bleekrode & Boomschini. Devin Drew at .82 is a bad rating by 247 sports. Those are three starters. You’re focused on the wrong thing. 

How many of these guys do you honestly see as an actual upgrade over what we had last year? Other than the special teams guys, the only one I'd say is a definite upgrade is Mathis. Rose-colored optimism glasses off, the rest are mostly side-grades. And I sure don't see as much help for the O line as we need coming in.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Decked said:

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Time will tell but the portal for Nebraska has been more positive than negative this year. The only guy who left that was key is AM but I think we upgraded. We also upgraded on Rogers and Payne. Also have a few previous years guys who could start like Martin and Johnson. 

Casey Thompson: Starting QB

Ochaun Mathis: Starting DE/OLB

Trey Palmer: Starting WR

Devin Drew: Starting DL

Timmy Bleekrode: Starting Kicker 

Brian Buschini: Starting Punter 

Chubba Purdy: Backup QB and will start when CT leaves 

Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda: Backup WR that will see a lot of PT if healthy 

Kevin Williams: Backup OL that could break into a starting spot

Hunter Anthony: Backup OL that could break into a starting spot

Tommi Hill:  Backup DB that could break into a starting spot

Omar Brown:  Backup DB that could break into a starting spot