Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

We offered while Lewis was on a visit to Missouri.  Otherwise he probably would have committed while he was there.

He's already visited Washington State as well.  Visiting here next weekend.  Also visiting Oregon State and either Auburn or Arkansas before deciding.

Two-for-two

I guess we need another WR?

Former Texas wide receiver Marcus Washington will be in Lincoln this weekend for an official visit as the Huskers continue to court as many additions as possible from the transfer portal.

Washington is considering other programs as well including Purdue and Utah, as he looks for a new home following a four-year stint with the Longhorns. Because of the COVID season, Washington could have two seasons of eligibility available to him and he still has a redshirt available.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-recruiting-Former-Texas-Longhorn-receiver-Marcus-Washington-set-to-visit-this-weekend-187675987/

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Former Texas wide receiver Marcus Washington will be in Lincoln this weekend for an official visit as the Huskers continue to court as many additions as possible from the transfer portal.

Washington is considering other programs as well including Purdue and Utah, as he looks for a new home following a four-year stint with the Longhorns. Because of the COVID season, Washington could have two seasons of eligibility available to him and he still has a redshirt available.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-recruiting-Former-Texas-Longhorn-receiver-Marcus-Washington-set-to-visit-this-weekend-187675987/

That one doesn’t make much sense to me.  Maybe replacing Betts?  They are 1 over already… we are apparently trying to get 2DL and a wr?  Who’s all leaving. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Be decent replacement for Betts...has experience with CT as well. Heard it will be us or Purdue (since Milton ineligibility). 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You get a WR your QB already knows, could be worse additions 

I guess, but Washington's stats are nothing special.  25 catches for 366 yards and 3 TDs over 3 years.

Could this mean that a current WR on the roster is leaving or a WR recruit is not making it to campus?  Is the guy from NM they brought in hurt worse than we know?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I guess, but Washington's stats are nothing special.  25 catches for 366 yards and 3 TDs over 3 years.

Could this mean that a current WR on the roster is leaving or a WR recruit is not making it to campus?  Is the guy from NM they brought in hurt worse than we know?

We only return 2 WRs who had over 100 yards for us last year...