Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

I see your point, but we already brought in 2 upperclass WR transfers. 

I would have put getting a Jr/Sr tight end way ahead of getting a 3rd WR transfer.  At least we have bodies at WR, at TE all we have is Voke and a lot of guys who have never seen game action and get hurt every 7th practice.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I would have put getting a Jr/Sr tight end way ahead of getting a 3rd WR transfer.  At least we have bodies at WR, at TE all we have is Voke and a lot of guys who have never seen game action and get hurt every 7th practice.

I'm with you, An extra TE would've been good, if one was avail.  Maybe they have a lot of faith in someone getting healthy, and Boerkircher (I think that was his name).  Or maybe the portal didn't have anyone better than what we already have, which would be a waste :dunno

6 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm with you, An extra TE would've been good, if one was avail.  Maybe they have a lot of faith in someone getting healthy, and Boerkircher (I think that was his name).  Or maybe the portal didn't have anyone better than what we already have, which would be a waste :dunno

TE portal was pretty meh. A lot of guys are back healthy it seems as well. 

• Thanks 1

I think Belt is a good player.  Smart, quick, stays low and picks up yards.  I wouldn't put him on KR/PR, or as an outside WR.  But he definitely provides good depth in a pinch (slot or RB). 

I was not very high on him early on, but I liked how he played the last few games.

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

prepare to be lost 

Unfortunately 

33 minutes ago, admo said:

I think Belt is a good player.  Smart, quick, stays low and picks up yards.  I wouldn't put him on KR/PR, or as an outside WR.  But he definitely provides good depth in a pinch (slot or RB). 

I was not very high on him early on, but I liked how he played the last few games.

He’s better than Liewer for sure. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Garcia-Castaneda is hurt...IF we are healthy at TE I don't worry about Voke and Fidone. Brewington, Carnie, Rollins are all decent enough.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Decked said:

If Liewer plays another snap I will lose it 

Because of the coaching I don't think we've seen the best of any of the receivers, Liewer included. He did break the old pro agility record and is 6'4 (ok, probably 6'1 & 3/4) so I'm willing to reserve judgement if he does work his way onto the field again. But I hope his playing time is minimal and mostly comes at the end of long drives or against North Dakota for sure, there are guys with much higher upside.

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

IF we are healthy at TE I don't worry about Voke and Fidone. Brewington, Carnie, Rollins are all decent enough.

Fidone's injury is guarded like the nuclear codes.  Brewington isn't an every down TE, dude weighs 185 lbs. 

Beckton must trust that Carnie, Rollins, or Boerkircher can be serviceable, but none of them have seen any live action.

Can we all agree that Hickman is a non-factor, or are people still holding out hope for him?

• Plus1 2