Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes I understand the let down of Scott Frost and company since he has been here not making a bowl game or having a winning season but I can't deny I haven't been this excited since the first class that Scott Frost brought here.  The class and the group of guys that he is bringing in to turn this program around is great along with coaches. Yes there are question marks with how the o line plays who starts and the coach but I believe Scott Frost back is still against the wall and he decided to push back. I know he can coach it's just putting everything together and cleaning up the little things to succeed which I believe he is doing and the team too!!!

This will be definitely be an interesting fall camp. It is exciting, but I have been burned too many times over the last 15-20 years. Hopefully the new offensive coaches make a difference and get this program turned around. The portal is great to get quick fixes, but the staff still needs to develop the young guys/high school guys to build something consistent.

16 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Yes I understand the let down of Scott Frost and company since he has been here not making a bowl game or having a winning season but I can't deny I haven't been this excited since the first class that Scott Frost brought here.  The class and the group of guys that he is bringing in to turn this program around is great along with coaches. Yes there are question marks with how the o line plays who starts and the coach but I believe Scott Frost back is still against the wall and he decided to push back. I know he can coach it's just putting everything together and cleaning up the little things to succeed which I believe he is doing and the team too!!!

fed32979f5e075f6b19b634dbf13b852539d6c8c

• Oh Yeah! 1

Yes I understand husker fans want results(wins) but that shouldnt deter you with having faith with supporting and being excited about what is to come. It's almost like this state has turned it's motto into the show me state. Yes I want them to win badly and yes they went 3-9 last season but that doesn't take away the excitement I have for this season. This roster, the coaches they brought in will be completed different. I don't hold them to a 3-9 team bc it's a completely different team.

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

It's almost like this state has turned it's motto into the show me state.

Four years of abject failure under a head coach will tend to do that. The worst teams and record for Husker Football in the lifetimes of most Husker fans doesn't lend itself to having much confidence in the future.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Bleekrode & Buschini are constantly overlooked but will be immensely helpful this year if things go as planned. 

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that these two could be the most influential additions we've made in the entire off season. They have a pretty low bar set by their predictors but if each could excel it could be the difference in several games.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Four years of abject failure under a head coach will tend to do that. The worst teams and record for Husker Football in the lifetimes of most Husker fans doesn't lend itself to having much confidence in the future.

I get that I've seen the heart broken losses and the disappointment of being a husker fan. AM wearing the team and the state on his shoulder's. Defense playing and working hard while the offense lacking but still doesn't take me from watching and supporting. I'm going to the Iowa game this year and yes we have lost 7 straight to them but I still believe that they will win without knowing how their record is going to be. I also believe that this won't be SF last season and we will make a bowl game!!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I get that I've seen the heart broken losses and the disappointment of being a husker fan. AM wearing the team and the state on his shoulder's. Defense playing and working hard while the offense lacking but still doesn't take me from watching and supporting. I'm going to the Iowa game this year and yes we have lost 7 straight to them but I still believe that they will win without knowing how their record is going to be. I also believe that this won't be SF last season and we will make a bowl game!!!!

I believe he will be fired before November.

I guess we'll have to wait and see...

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

13 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Exactly to many great pieces he has added. I don't believe bringing in young men that are going to turn our program around and with the coaches that's going to happen.

Seeing what the parents are saying… seeing who he  hired… seeing all in the works.   I don’t believe he will be fired next year pending an 0-7 start. I think he’s bought a few more years 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

Seeing what the parents are saying… seeing who he  hired… seeing all in the works.   I don’t believe he will be fired next year pending an 0-7 start. I think he’s bought a few more years 

I’m sorry but a winning season seems a must imo.  I just don’t see Frost staying absent some really bizarre circumstance that creates a real

justification for a losing season beyond Frost’s control.  Injuries won’t be such an excuse.  Another 3 or 4 win season and Frost becomes the worst HC in Div 1 record wise and that’s at Neb !  Fans have shown incredible tolerance but sellouts are fading, attendance was down 10,000 a game last year.  It’ll be much worse this year as losses pile up.  
Just my opinion of what most fans will feel like.  Many are ready for much better or somebody else as HC.  Some were ready last year.  

i am willing personally to give him two years IF he gets 8 this fall.  I’d be interested in Whipple as HC if he can turn the offense around and score points.  But will Frost really let him run the offense?  

3 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I’m sorry but a winning season seems a must imo.  I just don’t see Frost staying absent some really bizarre circumstance that creates a real

justification for a losing season beyond Frost’s control.  Injuries won’t be such an excuse.  Another 3 or 4 win season and Frost becomes the worst HC in Div 1 record wise and that’s at Neb !  Fans have shown incredible tolerance but sellouts are fading, attendance was down 10,000 a game last year.  It’ll be much worse this year as losses pile up.  
Just my opinion of what most fans will feel like.  Many are ready for much better or somebody else as HC.  Some were ready last year.  

i am willing personally to give him two years IF he gets 8 this fall.  I’d be interested in Whipple as HC if he can turn the offense around and score points.  But will Frost really let him run the offense?  

Everything is pure speculation.  You and I don’t get to decide.  I speculate that he’s bought himself time.  You don’t, no need to argue about it… in a few months we will see how it unfolds 

3 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Everything is pure speculation.  You and I don’t get to decide.  I speculate that he’s bought himself time.  You don’t, no need to argue about it… in a few months we will see how it unfolds 

Not arguing. Just your opinion / feeling vs my view of majority.   I’m more patient but I’d have been much more so if the offense had been less pass happy every year, even as losses piled up.  

I can understand husker nation frustrations with losses, poor play. But last year as much as it sucked being a 3-9 team I still watched and yes they were in every game last year. As much as I can understand that AM tried carrying the load his in ability to make quick decisions year after year or like I said what can go wrong will go wrong with him. The good thing is he's gone so no more watching him look like a freshman out there. Im with Huskinator in the sense he has bought time. I don't necessarily it comes down to 8 or 9 wins I just believe it starts with getting to a bowl game.

• Haha 1