Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

35 minutes ago, Mavric said:

And if they called a pass play and it didn't work they were being too cute.

When something doesn't work, the coaches obviously should have done something different.

And if the plays are executed properly and work, then it was a perfect play call and the coach is a master mind.

Never fails.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, ActualCornHusker said:

And if the plays are executed properly and work, then it was a perfect play call and the coach is a master mind.

Never fails.

Right the coach gets all the praise and glory and all bad with it too. I mean was it SF fault that Yanz tripped over his own feet at the goal line??? They are going say well why did you even put Yanz in the first place. Right call poor execution. Now do I believe it was SF fault he tripped nope that's on Yanz that's why I been saying SF has put his players in positions to win(score) just got to execute the play right and everyone will be happy.

• Plus1 2

But to be angry at SF bc he decided to put Yanz in that situation well I don't agree with that. Everyone knows that the Seahawks should have giving the ball to Beast Mode at the goal line and what becomes of that he scores or doesn't it's nobody's fault but the Seahawks thought was since everyone expects that we are going to throw them off which it didn't work bc the outstanding play of Butler. But I believe both situations you give it to your running back and whatever happens you live with it and yes I believe Yanz being in the play was the right call.

21 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Right the coach gets all the praise and glory and all bad with it too. I mean was it SF fault that Yanz tripped over his own feet at the goal line??? They are going say well why did you even put Yanz in the first place. Right call poor execution. Now do I believe it was SF fault he tripped nope that's on Yanz that's why I been saying SF has put his players in positions to win(score) just got to execute the play right and everyone will be happy.

I agree with you, but execution falls on the coaches as well. It's my moderately-educated opinion that Frost's offense required too much of the position players to read the defense and react to the coverage rather than just play and adjust on the fly. Hopefully it's simplified under Whipple and our players can exhibit their talent.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I agree with you, but execution falls on the coaches as well. It's my moderately-educated opinion that Frost's offense required too much of the position players to read the defense and react to the coverage rather than just play and adjust on the fly. Hopefully it's simplified under Whipple and our players can exhibit their talent.

It wasn't during complicated plays that the players failed to execute most of the time.  There was nothing for Yantz to read when he tripped or for Adrian to read when he put the ball on the turf...  It's sad but it really was some pretty simple stuff the kids failed on.  I don't think we need oversimplification, we just need confident players who aren't going to choke at crucial moments.  Coaching plays a big part in that but Frost has had plenty of bad luck.   

• Fire 1
3 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I understand where you are coming from but if AM made a bad decision bc he couldn't process information fast enough and throws a interception into double coverage that's on him not the coach. I believe it's the coach's job to put you in a position to succeed while it falls on the players to execute or succeed with the play. Now if your going to ask why keep AM out there while he keeps making poor mistakes what better option's did or does he have. SF puts alot of believe in his players and sometimes I believe it's too much but least he gives the players the believe that he believes in them some coaches don't do that you make a mistake go sit on the bench. There were plenty of times last year that the players didn't execute Culp went from being able to kick field goals into wondering how he forgot how to kick.

Decked for the longest time I didn't understand how or why kickers and punters were that important but has you can see we definitely need some that can just bend don't break in crucial moments. Be able to kick a 30 yard field goal without kicking it way to the left or right. I mean I don't understand how Culp forgot how to kick in one year being an all conference kicker to telling yourself he's not going to make it.

10 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's what I've been saying but people want SF gone or don't believe in his product or want a change. Who else would you have in mind if he doesn't succeed and fails?

That is a good question. I am also a big Frost fan however after last season I was wanting a change, either in a complete head coaching change (Bill O'Brian) or what Frost did, an upgrade. I preferred the upgrade because a Head coaching change can often set you back even if it is a great hire. 

Who would you want to hire that is realistic for Nebraska to get?