Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

I can understand why they downgraded Palmer and certain players but I don't agree with downgrading Thompson. I think he should be ranked higher with the season and injury he had. I don't understand why people aren't ranking Casey Thompson higher. If he didn't play with a thumb injury all season he probably would have had more team and individual success and his stats weren't bad but they didn't tell the full story.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I can understand why they downgraded Palmer and certain players but I don't agree with downgrading Thompson. I think he should be ranked higher with the season and injury he had. I don't understand why people aren't ranking Casey Thompson higher. If he didn't play with a thumb injury all season he probably would have had more team and individual success and his stats weren't bad but they didn't tell the full story.

If Casey didn't have the injury last year, he probably wouldn't have even gone in the portal.  As far as the other rankings, I have no clue and don't really care.  As long as our staff feels they will help us win, I'll take 2 star kids.  

5 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

If Casey didn't have the injury last year, he probably wouldn't have even gone in the portal.  As far as the other rankings, I have no clue and don't really care.  As long as our staff feels they will help us win, I'll take 2 star kids.  

This is definitely possible but also seemed like Sark did not want to start him the whole time for whatever reason. I remember watching the Arkansas game and thinking this backup looks like the better QB. Also heard Texas fans saying there was a lot of rumblings that the players wanted Casey to start. So there may have been just something with him that didnt mesh with what Sark wanted to do. 

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

This is definitely possible but also seemed like Sark did not want to start him the whole time for whatever reason. I remember watching the Arkansas game and thinking this backup looks like the better QB. Also heard Texas fans saying there was a lot of rumblings that the players wanted Casey to start. So there may have been just something with him that didnt mesh with what Sark wanted to do. 

I definitely agree and should have clarified - If he wasn't injured, he likely has a pretty great season and ends up at a school that didn't go 3-9 last year if he choose to go in.  

• Plus1 1

Let's just say Nebraska would have gotten rid of SF bc of his losing season nobody here can tell me a good coach that would leave their program just to come here. The coach that Nebraska fans would love to have is a winning coach already not a up and coming coach. Not many names I can think of that would want to come here. Not saying Nebraska isn't a great university but it would be like the Mike Riley hire where not many fans were behind him or gave him a chance from the start bc of his record. I was one of his supporters bc I thought with more resources he would succeed he didn't. You tried something different and it didn't work no need to say I knew it from the start it wouldn't work. So easy to sit on the sidelines and comment instead of actually being in that position to decide what is going to work and what isn't going to work. 

35 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

That's my believe too. That Casey was a better QB then Hudson Card but the coach never fully was committed to him and neither is the media bc look how they look at him a 3 star transfer in return he lead the big 12 in touchdowns with his injury. It wasn't Casey fault that Texas did so poorly team success. But Sark went a different direction bc he saw that he had a losing season so he brought in the QB from Ohio State Ewers who is ranked a 5 star portal transfer even though he hasn't played a lick of college football. Casey didn't get a fair shake regardless of his injury last season.

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I definitely agree and should have clarified - If he wasn't injured, he likely has a pretty great season and ends up at a school that didn't go 3-9 last year if he choose to go in.  

Ah ok yes I probably agree with this although I do think out NIL money combined with Whipple just coaching the Heisman winner did give us some clout despite our poor showing. But yeah if he hadnt been injured and he puts up around 3000 yds and 30 or more TDs in only like 10 games then he would have his pick of a lot more schools. 

15 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

That's my believe too. That Casey was a better QB then Hudson Card but the coach never fully was committed to him and neither is the media bc look how they look at him a 3 star transfer in return he lead the big 12 in touchdowns with his injury. It wasn't Casey fault that Texas did so poorly team success. But Sark went a different direction bc he saw that he had a losing season so he brought in the QB from Ohio State Ewers who is ranked a 5 star portal transfer even though he hasn't played a lick of college football. Casey didn't get a fair shake regardless of his injury last season.

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what they base the stars on because I would think Palmer and Thompson should be 4 stars. Like you said its definitely not based on on-field success if Ewers is a 5 star. 

• Plus1 1

So since Nebraska is reshaping their roster with transfers would they take a former 4 star offensive tackle from Oklahoma who only has one year left? Darrell Simpson didn't play much at Oklahoma but he is a big dude 6'8 350 plus. I ask bc alot of husker fans want better tackles and or more offensive line help? Kevin Williams has one year left and I think he starts on the o-line.