Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

1 hour ago, HANC said:

If he was struggling after 2 years in the system, and now he starts over??

That's not a question.  Not sure what response you are looking for.  Yes, he has struggled to grasp some of the offensive concepts we were running.  The HOPE is that he will do better in a different, possibly simplified, system.  Who knows what the reality will end up being.  From my perspective, smothers is very capable in many systems and will likely be qb1 against NW 9 months from now.  IF we get a solid transfer, obviously that could change.

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, HANC said:

Absolutely. When I refer to arm strength it has very little to do with the ability to throw the longer ball. I am talking about the out routes, digs, stick routes that the defense will jump if he can’t spin it at a high rate of velocity. It is literally a game of inches and if ball isn’t zipping, you are in trouble.

Iowa had the most elite DBs in the conference and he didn't have any problems against them 

I'm going to try my reverse psychology again: Casey Thompson is not coming to Nebraska.

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

That's not a question.  Not sure what response you are looking for.  Yes, he has struggled to grasp some of the offensive concepts we were running.  The HOPE is that he will do better in a different, possibly simplified, system.  Who knows what the reality will end up being.  From my perspective, smothers is very capable in many systems and will likely be qb1 against NW 9 months from now.  IF we get a solid transfer, obviously that could change.

Yes, I understand that wasn’t a question…. The punctuation was rhetorical, like if he couldn’t learn a system in 2 years and now he has to start completely over, where does that leave him? Whipple will probably simplify things I would hope.

8 hours ago, admo said:

Chubba Purdy highlights

Notice the release isn't quick or special, and the timing/decisions are about average-ish.  But that's our Huskers guy (offer)

Appears to move through his progressions and is solid at evading pressure in the pocket. (lord knows we need that) completed several passes to the flat which our starter the last 4 years seemed to struggle with. 

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, admo said:

Chubba Purdy highlights

Notice the release isn't quick or special, and the timing/decisions are about average-ish.  But that's our Huskers guy (offer)

He's mobile enough - escaping pressure - something he would have to do if our line doesn't improve.  Can throw a decent ball on the run.  The 30 yard corner route TD pass at the end was spot on.  The video didn't have many long balls so it was hard to tell how accurate he is with that - however, the before mentioned corner route pass was impressive.

• Thanks 1