Portal Transfer Targets

ndobney

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I think we all feel the pain of not landing the "Big Name get us out of the rut" QB that we hoped to land. Comes with the territory of being 3-9.  Scott better make hay with what he gets otherwise 2022 will be painfully long. 

I am not arguing bc I somewhat agree, but what “big name” qb is “that much better” than possibly Thompson?  Brennan?? Some on this board, not impressed…injury prone 

Slovis?? Others not impressed. Had up and down…. Rattler??  Big name, but baggage up wazzu and he had some on board begging NO !  Gabriel?? 
Thompson’s stats are almost as impressive as the 3 mentioned….and name recognition combined with playing at Texas, should put him in same class as “big name”. 

I will be more disappointed if we don’t land Thompson or Ward….but I also think there may be more enter portal soon.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hilltop said:

That's not a question.  Not sure what response you are looking for.  Yes, he has struggled to grasp some of the offensive concepts we were running.  The HOPE is that he will do better in a different, possibly simplified, system.  Who knows what the reality will end up being.  From my perspective, smothers is very capable in many systems and will likely be qb1 against NW 9 months from now.  IF we get a solid transfer, obviously that could change.

I never have been and never will be for simplifying systems. These are P5 college players and they should be able to grasp as complicated of system as other teams run.  

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Did Purdy commit here, or just announce he received an offer? 

is he waiting for Thompson? 

I think it's pretty much up to the players to announce their offers. Maybe we've offered Thompson, maybe we haven't.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:

When the news broke that Whipple was hired by Nebraska Coach Whipple was sitting at Brock Purdy's kitchen table. This was always the most likely guy who was going to be our new qb, the question was wether he would be the only one.

If it’s a Purdy and Thompson combo I’d call that a giant win in the recruiting book.

The QB room instantly gets better, let the best man win the job and build depth.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1